Shipping Clerk (600258)
Boyd Corporation Grand Rapids, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
With over 90 years of customer-focused performance, Boyd Corporation has evolved as a market leader in engineered rubber, plastic, metal, flexible environmental sealing & energy management solutions. Boyd is a unique supplier, valuing our people as our most important resource. With our best-in-class technical sales associates, sales support service teams & field application, quality, & manufacturing engineers, Boyd offers total global solutions to enhance the performance & manufacturability of your products. Our cost-effective, tight-tolerance, global manufacturing capabilities ensure superior total landed cost as well as reliability throughout the product life cycle.
Verify and keep records on outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include addressing and shipping merchandise or material, arranging for transportation and completing documentation
- Handles outgoing goods from production and stock.
- Organize "In-Stock" -- pull and prepare for the days shipping orders.
- Coordinate "Line-Stock" -- pull and prepare for shipping as needed.
- Assure that the stock is labeled accurately, skidded, and that the paperwork is complete.
- Makes sure product is shipped according to our customers specifications.
- Coordinate with customer service department on any special shipping needs such as rush orders.
- Coordinate shipping through UPS, FedEx, truck lines and same day shipping services
Address special labeling needs.
- Order shipping supplies and materials such as printing labels, U-line products, edge protectors and paper rolls, through purchasing department.
- Prepare and complete paperwork such as bill of ladings, packing slips, invoices, customers pick-up and same-day paperwork for local shipments.
- Helps monitor and maintain record of inventory both physically and on paper. Investigates discrepancies and relocates product.
- Keeps finished product on shelf as neat and organized as possible.
- Examine contents and labels to verify accuracy of outgoing shipments.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates and customer preference.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and tape.
- Interrelates with others and shares in task as assigned to meet company and department objectives.
- Works with set-up to initiate items to ship.
- Perform joint problem solving to rectify shipping issues.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.