Plant Controller (600501)
Boyd Corporation Niagara Falls, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
With over 90 years of customer-focused performance, our organization has evolved as a market leader in engineered rubber, plastic, metal, flexible environmental sealing & energy management solutions. We are a unique supplier, valuing our people as our most important resource. With our best-in-class technical sales associates, sales support service teams & field application, quality, & manufacturing engineers, we offer total global solutions to enhance the performance & manufacturability of your products. Our cost-effective, tight-tolerance, global manufacturing capabilities ensure superior total landed cost as well as reliability throughout the product life cycle.
We are seeking a full-time Plant Controller. This position reports directly to the Sr. Finance Director of North America and will work closely with the Plant Manager and his team to develop financial management strategy and contribute to the continued development of the organization's strategic goals. We are looking for an analytically minded financial controller that will work with both Operations and Sales to improve profitability and business performance. They will identify process improvement opportunities and partner with local management to ensure improvements and solutions are implemented.
- Take a direct role and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization. Self-perform many critical tasks. Ensure credibility by providing timely and accurate financial statements, analysis of budgets, financial trends and work with the sales and operations teams on forecasting.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory interaction.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and implementing cost savings initiatives (GOWIN, PPV) and process improvements to support continuous improvement of Operations and improve financial performance of the site.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and report out on key financial metrics during monthly operational review with executive team. Manages staff for accounting and record keeping functions and ensures timeliness of plant performance, i.e. monthly closings, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Inventory, etc.
- Performs or assists in administrative functions for company including; insurance, banking, cash management, taxes (payroll, property, sales, income), 401K plans, etc. Manage assets, revenue chain, credit & collections, and cash. Identify and pursue opportunities for reducing working capital. Maintain a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism to Corporate.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are adhered to comply with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws for financial and tax reporting. Oversees preparation of budgets and manages all records and accounts for periodic annual audits. Review spending requests for capital expenditures, research and development projects, and major expense projects and provide financial guidance on plant investments.
- Develop cost and pricing rate structure for government bids.
AddressNiagara Falls, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Boyd Corporation