DZ Driver (Placement Technician)
- $22 to $27 Hourly
- Medical , Dental
This is a permanent, full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits. Salary is dependent on experience. Benefits will be provided after three months. Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Overtime is required as needed.
Working as a placement technician is not your average trucker's gig. Our drivers are vital to our business. Having a great experience with our drivers can be the difference between a positive and negative experience. Often, they will be the only representative to meet our customers face-to-face. As such, they must have great people skills and be safe and professional drivers.
The ideal candidate works under the supervision of the management team and will serve both residential and commercial customers. Safety is the most important metric for us, so you'll need to have a safety mindset in addition to your other skills.
THE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Class DZ with airbrake license
- Clean driver's abstract
- 3 years of professional driver experience
- Towing/tilt deck truck experience is an asset
- Forklift Operator Certificate is an asset
- Knowledge of safety operations and regulations
- Able to speak, read, and write English
WHAT YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:Delivers and picks up (locally) empty/loaded shipping containersSafely operates and ensures ongoing maintenance of company vehicles
- Keeps logbooks accurate and up to date
- Loads/unloads, secure loads, tarps/straps loads as required
- Operates forklift/other support equipment as required
- Communicates with customers enthusiastically and delivers excellent customer service
- Pressure washing, decaling, and repainting shipping containers as needed
- Assist in delivery schedule optimization
- Assist in any other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS/CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Accountability - Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Adaptability - Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, and requirements
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information verbally and written, with consistency and clarity
- Networking and Relationship Building - Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships with customers and colleagues
- Planning and Organizing - Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects
- Problem-solving - Uses logic and analytical methods to come to a realistic solution
- Service Orientation - Provides superior service to both internal and external customers
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$27.00 per hour
Benefits: Dental care, Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement: French not required
Schedule: 8 hour shift. Day shift. Monday to Friday.
Supplemental pay types: Overtime pay
Work Location: On the road
BoxGo Management Inc.
417 South Lake RoadGananoque, ON
Get fresh DZ Driver (Placement Technician) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.