Senior System Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A growing Managed Services Provider is seeking an experienced System Engineer who is able to manage multiple priorities and clients. We are looking for an experienced System Engineer who can hit the ground running. Our philosophy is to hire dynamic people who can complete and manage projects effectively. If you have the skills and the drive, you'll find a home here.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Box Lake Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting primarily Microsoft Windows environments. Additionally, you will be part of a team that designs, installs, and troubleshoots client networks, servers, and workstations; including SAN and VMware installations. Work may be performed remotely at our Winchester, KY office or at local client locations on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in the design and implementation of systems, software, and networks for clients
- Successfully manage projects including documentation and client-facing communications with director-level stakeholders
- Assist in presales technical support as needed
- Attain certifications as required for the organization to meet vendor guidelines, as well as to keep current with ongoing requirements for the role and the company
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Required experience and certifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of Mid to Senior level Systems/Network engineer experience
- Senior-level experience with Windows Server and Desktop experience
- Senior-level experience with Active Directory, Group Policies, DHCP, and DNS
- Solid understanding of Networking, including routing and switching protocols
- Solid understanding of Cyber Security trends
- Senior-level experience with Network Security and firewalls including IPS/IDS and web filtering
- Experience managing Cisco or Sophos Firewalls and UTMS
- CompTIA A+ , Net+, and/or Security+ Certification
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience configuring and supporting Dell and EMC Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Experience configuring Cisco, Dell/Force10, and HP/Aruba Switching
Additional Knowledge and experience with the following a plus:
- Experience working for an MSP (Managed Service Provider)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Cisco Networking Certifications: CCNA, CCNP
- Microsoft Certifications such as MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- Datto Technical Specialist
- Cisco Unified Communications / Call Manager / Unity and other phone systems
- Cloud Solutions – Office 365, Azure, Amazon Web Services
- Certified Sophos Engineer or Architect
- ConnectWise PSA
- N-Able N-central RMM
- Experience with or knowledge of banking regulations as they relate to IT
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No visa sponsorship is available. Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is based in our Winchester, KY office.
Box Lake Networks
400 Shoppers Drive WinchesterLexington-Fayette, KY
Get fresh Able Engineering Services jobs daily straight to your inbox!