Bowman and Brooke Minneapolis, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bowman and Brooke LLP
Bowman and Brooke is a leader in handling complex civil litigation. We are known as the “go to” law firm defending manufacturers across a variety of industries in products liability litigation. We pride ourselves on combining our knowledge of the law with the art of persuasive advocacy for our clients, and we work collaboratively to produce the highest quality legal work product for our clients. Our team is passionate about litigating cases in state and federal courts and we have decades of experience handling legal issues related to class action, products liability, catastrophic personal injury, commercial litigation, premises liability, and more. Proudly, we are consistently ranked as a Top Tier firm by Law360, The Legal 500 and others.
Position Summary: Responsible for the investigative phase of litigation and claims, and task specific investigative work as directed by attorneys and paralegals from Bowman and Brooke’s 13 offices.
- Develop written investigative plans and manage tasks for assigned cases.
- Locate and obtain records (law enforcement, fire/rescue/ambulance, tow, weather, etc.).
- Locate, interview, obtain statements, affidavits, declarations, and be the point-of-contact when scheduling witness depositions.
- Research and obtain records regarding individual and business background, litigation, social and news media, and other records of interest.
- Assist as needed to obtain and preserve surveillance video and mobile phone records.
- Historical research regarding work-site locations to develop product exposure and obtain state and federal safety and compliance records.
- Locate subject and exemplar product, develop history, and arrange for acquisition and preservation.
- Inspect, photograph, and videotape subject and exemplar products and incident site.
- Arrange and be the point-person for expert product inspections.
- Prepare detailed written investigative reports and correspondence.
- Familiarity with social media forensic preservation methods and copyrighted material.
- Use and administer the Firm’s TransUnion, Carfax and AutoCheck accounts
- Educate attorneys and paralegals firmwide about investigative services.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills and consistent attention to details.
- Strong oral and writing skills.
- Strong technical skills including intermediate knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft Suite. Knowledge of investigative research programs and sites preferred.
- Instinct to recognize what is needed and take a problem-solving approach to projects.
- Exceptional customer service skills – demonstrating a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Dependable, trustworthy, and self-motivated.
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to achieve target billable hours of 1,800 per year (average of 150/month).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, equivalent work experience, or a combination of education and experience required.
- Previous investigative experience in a law firm preferred.
- Previous experience in a professional office setting required.
- Casual, team-focused, work environment.
- Heavy computer use includes continuous and repetitive motion.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as case work demands.
- Frequent interruptions and interaction with attorneys, staff, clients and opposing counsel.
- Availability to work overtime, as needed, to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel (by air and car) up to as much as 25% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
If you have what it takes and you want to be part of our team, respond to this ad with your resume. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you directly.
Visit us on the web to learn more about who we are and what we do: http://www.bowmanandbrooke.com/
Bowman and Brooke
LegalView all jobs at Bowman and Brooke