Bowman Consulting has an opening for a Senior Right of Way Specialist to join our Florida team . The Senior Right of Way Specialist will perform all aspects of right-of-way and real estate related activities, negotiate favorable terms to various land and right-of-way related agreements secured on behalf of the company's client, including the acquisition, relinquishment and modification of easements, fee land purchases, permit rights, encroachments resolutions and settlements of damage claims of company's client. Opportunities in multiple locations including Boynton Beach, Stuart, Port St. Lucie, and Ft. Lauderdale.
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies land ownership from available public records.
- Researches, reviews, analyzes and titles; identify defects and outline curative.
- Negotiates the acquisition of right-of-way, easements, and other property interest, as necessary on the company's client behalf.
- Negotiates property damage settlements and loss claims associated with client's capital projects.
- Prepare right-of-way related cost estimates associated with land and right-of-way project acquisition.
- Prepares landowner notification letters as required.
- Reviews, prepares, analyzes, interprets all Land and Right-of-Way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits, and licenses.
- Serves as liaison between internal departments, developers, cities, counties, state agencies, etc., in support of right-of-way activities.
- Resolves encroachment, damage claims, landowner complaints and inquiries at a minimal cost.
- Assists manager in securing repeat business from existing clients and identifying new clients.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university, and /or equivalent industry related right-of-way work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years' experience in performing all aspects of land and right-of-way acquisition.
- Knowledge in all aspects of right-of-way, including project management, acquisition, title, permitting, budgeting, cost forecasting, operation, due diligence, public relations, community outreach and solid understanding of general regulatory and legal issues.
- Ability to read construction plan/profiles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a current, valid State driver's license.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration.
Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting's engineers, land surveyors and project managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman Consulting Group does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.