Our energetic and growing Bowman Consulting team in Herndon, VA has an opening for a key contributor ready to make an immediate impact. As a Civil Engineer II leverage your Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and hands-on professional engineering experience to work side by side with senior engineers, clients and partners to tackle design challenges and build better, stronger communities.
Experience our new, state-of-the-art office in Herndon near Dulles Station and just blocks from the Silver Line Innovation Center Metro Station.
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our clients and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
A qualified Civil Engineer II will:
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria on moderately complex projects
- Make design recommendations, adaptations, and modifications
- Plan, schedule, conduct and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work
- Complete design work using computer aided software
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Assist senior level staff or management with clients and agencies; subcontractors, and design teams on moderately complex project issues
- Assist in training and assigning work to junior engineers and CAD staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of two (2) years' engineering experience or equivalent military service required; 3-5 years' experience in land development or related industry strongly preferred
- EIT Certification required; PE Registration strongly preferred
- Proficiency with design and modeling software such as Civil3D/AutoCAD, WaterCAD, FlowMaster
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Familiarity with reading construction plans
- Solid background in drainage design including hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration
Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting's engineers, land surveyors and project managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman Consulting Group does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.