Imagine your ideal job. Now add bowling, arcade games, amazing parties, and the kind of food most people dream about at their desks. Our General Managers help bring this vision to life every day for guests of their centers—and have a great time doing so. The General Manager role is an active one where you’re on your feet, coordinating multiple team members, and problem-solving in real time.
Our General Managers oversee all aspects of how their centers operate, from entertainment to food & beverage to the property and its equipment as a whole. Through it all, our General Managers work hard to cultivate an exceptional team environment so that all staff members can perform at a consistently high level. Make no mistake: this is definitely NOT your typical desk job (spoiler alert: it’s way better).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Get a glimpse of all you’ll experience as a General Manager
GENERATE & MONITOR CENTER REVENUE
- Help develop financial operational plans/budgets and monitor their performance to achieve your center’s financial goals. Review and control labor costs and other expenses.
BE A OPERATIONAL PRO
- Floor management is the name of the game; manage the day-to-day operations of your center, scheduling, planning, and organizing and communicating effectively with your team.
TRAIN YOUR TEAM
- Supervise and direct regular training for all staff members and ensure their proficiency in guest service, food & beverage operations, loss prevention, and our company operating standards; supervise direct reports, which may include Assistant General Managers, Facility Managers, Kitchen Managers, and Event Managers.
REVIEW CENTER PERFORMANCE
- Manage multiple departments efficiently and conduct regular meetings with your management team to review performance and offer direction; review profit & loss statements weekly/monthly and adjust your action plan accordingly
RALLY THE TROOPS
- Help keep morale high for your team and address any center-level HR or loss prevention issues as they arise
MAKE GUESTS PRIORITY # 1
- Achieve and maintain overall guest service goals; ensure that customer complaints are resolved appropriately and that our guests are completely satisfied
- An ability to work varying shifts, from weekends to holidays, in addition to extended workdays as needed by your center
WHO YOU ARE
As one of our General Managers, you’re a customer service pro who knows what it’s like to work in a fast-paced environment and who thrives amid that energy. You’re highly attuned to the guest experience, accountable for your performance (and that of the teams you’ll manage), and are a strong team player across the board. You are also an extraordinary problem-solver and trouble-shooter, and have at least a few years of management experience under your belt. Check out the desired skills below and see if you have what it takes to join our world-class team:
DESIRED SKILLS: Check out the desired skills below and see if you have what it takes to join our world-class team
- 5+ Years of Management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree * Preferred
- Basic business math, accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Strong Team Player
- Exceptional “People Developer”
- Customer Service Pro
- Knowledge of POS register systems
- Solid Communication Skills
THE BOWLERO CORP TEAM
From Bowlero and Bowlmor Lanes to AMF and Brunswick Zone, our family of brands features the best in bowling entertainment and events at 300 striking locations nationwide. We’re committed to diversity, dedicated to our guests, and devoted to making the work-life experience a joy for one another. Because when work is this much fun, it doesn’t feel like work at all. Join our team of over 8,000 associates, and discover what it means to live the #BowledLife.