Manager, Customer Communications
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We're a team of immigrants and experts who have struggled with our own journeys through the complex, high-stakes U.S. immigration system. That is why we are building deeply customer-centric products and experiences to become the default trusted partner for all families through their entire immigration journey and their first ten years of life in a new country.
We are now the largest player in the family immigration industry, helping tens of thousands of families every year achieve their dreams, and becoming the first brand in an industry that has never had one before.
We're backed by influential venture investors around the country, including Foundry Group (led by Brad Feld), Emerson Collective (Laurene Powell Jobs' foundation), Pioneer Square Labs, Two Sigma Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Jerry Yang, and are well-capitalized for growth.What you'll do
Boundless is looking for a Manager of Customer Communications to lead our post-payment Customer Communications team. As a member of the Customer Success Team, this role will be responsible for driving a high-impact communications strategy that improves our overall operations and customer experience.
You are a high-impact strategist and communication specialist excited to lead a team of writers and work with cross-functional leaders to drive customer engagement and content value during each phase of the customer journey. You are passionate about supporting customers throughout their journeys, and you are comfortable leveraging data analysis and customer research to inform strategic decisions. You can distill complex information into easily digestible, actionable content that is also clear, consistent, and reflective of our brand voice. You're hyper-organized, juggling multiple projects at once, all while maintaining precise revision history.
As the Manager of Customer Communications, you will lead initiatives that support an exceptional customer experience, including development of relevant internal and external communications, implementation of email drip campaigns, and management of our Help Centers. The ideal candidate is a stellar writer and communicator, while also being resourceful and innovative, with strong experience in project management and people management. Experience in or with the immigration industry is a major plus!In this role, you will
- Define and lead communications strategies and initiatives to better our overall customer experience and improve time-to-ship, customer engagement, and satisfaction metrics
- Implement systems and resources that drive Customer Success team efficiency, working with Operations and Sales leaders to define content needs
- Monitor and analyze relevant data, including customer and stakeholder feedback, engagement metrics, and customer research, to identify blockages and areas for improvement in post-purchase communications
- Deliver a communication strategy to address customer feedback and complaints
- Develop effective post-purchase email drip campaigns that drive high engagement
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, and Product to push forward customer communication objectives
- Coordinate with the Manager, Organic Marketing on overall content strategy and ensure content consistency across all channels
- Manage a Content Writer, proofreading copy, monitoring performance metrics, and engaging in professional development
- Own and oversee project-specific deliverables for your team including; establishing timelines, preparing project documentation, writing copy, pulling audience/customer data, and submitting eng tickets
- Direct the revampment of our external Help Center, ensuring customers have seamless access to critical immigration information
- Understand standards for content governance in terms of legal communication best practices, brand voice, and consistency, and execute against content requests in alignment with these standards
- 1-2 years of experience managing a team
- 2+ years of experience working with customer service or enablement functions
- 4-6 years of prior content management or technical writing experience
- Experience implementing email campaigns, lifecycle, CRM, engagement, or retention programs through email
- Experience creating well-crafted and high-impact content
- Hands-on experience with tools, such as Send Grid, AutoPilot
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Data analysis expertise (ability to spot trends, test, find room to optimize, etc)
- Problem-solver with a sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize, delegate, multi-task and execute
- Superior communication skills – Clear, concise writer who can distill complex ideas into easily understood language
Boundless offers employees the unique opportunity to grow professionally as leaders in the online immigration industry while driving positive social change. Every employee is essential to achieving our core mission of empowering every family to navigate the immigration system more confidently, rapidly and affordably.
We are trailblazers in the online immigration space because we aren't constrained by convention - We think without bounds. Boundless is a place for employees who aren't afraid to continuously try new things. We value a spirit of inquiry and look for individuals who ask questions and challenge ideas to move us forward, to understand the why. We encourage our employees to focus on outcomes over output and to address complex challenges with simple solutions. Boundless is all about ownership, accountability, and flexibility in how we approach our individual company roles, and the industry as a whole.
Visit careers.boundless.com to learn more about Boundless, including our perks and benefits!
Get fresh Journey jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.