POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of Boundary Community Hospital, the Medical Director, and the Administration of the clinic, the Nurse Practitioner provides patient care services within the scope of individual authority granted by the Idaho Board of Nursing and the supervising/collaborating physician. Responsibilities include Clinical Assessment, Planning, Evaluation, and Implementation of care to individuals and families in all aspects and developmental stages of life. The care provided shall not be denied on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, or ability to pay. Nurse Practitioner shall maintain a high-level of clinical competence in area of specialty, and are expected to work with members of the community health care team and administration towards organizational initiatives and goals.
- MSN degree or higher from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required.
- Prefer 2 yrs Family Practice Clinical experience.
- Current NP license to practice in the state of Idaho required.
- Current BLS and ACLS Certification required,
- Experience working on electronic medical records systems, preferably NextGen or EPIC, keyboard at 30 wpm.
SCHEDULE & STATUS:
- 40 hours per week, working four (4) ten (10) hour shifts.
- Exempt/ salary position
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/REQUIREMENTS:
- Provides health care services to patients under the direction and responsibility of the Medical Director of Boundary Community Clinics, Medical Staff, or other designated supervising physician.
- Provides Clinical Assessments by performing and documenting thorough history and physical examinations independently. Identifying psycho-social and cultural needs of patients and families, and identifying patient and family needs with regards to preventative care, disease entity, medications, dietary restrictions, and other therapeutic regimens. Order and interpret diagnostic regimen, collect and interpret data, and consult with physician when appropriate. Examines injured/ill patients, performs comprehensive physician examinations for medical surveillance and compiles patient medical data accurately, completely and timely.
- Provides Critical Planning in patient care by developing and maintaining a problem list from assessment data, and reviews problem list with patient annually, following HCC coding guidelines. Establish optimum goals considering the physical and emotional status of the patient, demonstrate the ability to develop a treatment plan to meet individual and family needs, Plan remedial actions within the framework of protocol or by collaboration of a physician, collaborate regularly with physician and other members of the health care team in reference to the patients health status and needs, referring problems to the physician when necessary.
- Provide Implementation by demonstrating the ability to monitor a diverse case load of patients in collaboration with the physician(s), Understanding the professional limitations and protocol accordingly to obtain assistance and support from other members of the health care team, and coordinate care of designed patient population to review reports, consultations, recommendations for other health care professionals. Additional Implementation functions include systematically initiating plans, medications and/or treatment regimen within the guidelines or with physician consultation when a patient’s condition so indicates, perform special procedures in the clinical setting, provide, review, and reinforce patient education regarding preventative care, disease entity, medications, dietary restrictions, and any other therapeutic regimen.
- Provide Evaluation by determining effectiveness of plans on basis of pertinent data collected, evaluating revision and plan of care to meet changing needs of the patient, and initiating referrals to specialists, community services to provide a continuum of patient services necessary to the benefit of the patients.
- Provides patient care services such as wound suturing and dressing changes, administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray and laboratory tests and interprets test results for deviations from normal. Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, and aspirations as credentialed and appropriate. Writes appropriate orders including those for narcotics, stimulants and depressant drugs, as authorized. Performs emergency life-saving procedures in cases such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest and similar emergencies
- Protects confidentiality of health information according to HIPAA, maintains all required training and certifications, and trains and participates in emergency response duties and responsibilities as needed. Performs related assignments as required including education, wellness promotion and procedure/protocol development, and communicate, consult, and collaborate with other professionals involved in the delivery of total patient care.
- Notifies supervising physician and/or administrator regarding any unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation, and maintains all patient charts according to organizational policy.
- Additional Essential Functions as outlined in the Job Description, and Assist physicians and other healthcare personnel as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/REQUIREMENTS
- Other duties as delegated