Maintenance Technician II/III
- $22 to $32 Hourly
Boulder Scientific Company (BSC) is headquartered in Mead, CO, and is a premier provider of organometallic compounds and other specialty chemicals used in a wide range of applications. BSC is a pioneer and leading manufacturer of metallocene catalysts and co-catalysts that are primarily used to produce metallocene polyethylene, polypropylene and elastomers, but also supplies products into Electronics, Pharmaceutical and Defense applications. BSC operates two sites in Northern Colorado, which include: a main production facility in Mead and a second facility in Longmont. BSC has continuously grown the sales of its products to existing and new customers and expects to continue on a high growth trajectory.
Pay for this role is $22-32 hourly, depending on experience. BSC offers medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and 401(k) with matching. See more about our offerings on our Opportunities page.
Boulder Scientific Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Boulder Scientific Company (BSC) is seeking a Maintenance Technician II/III who will work in the Maintenance Department. The Maintenance Technician II/III will be responsible for routine Preventative Maintenance (PMs) and various equipment repair activities around the facilities. Level will be commensurate with experience.
- Performs or assists in the maintenance and repairs of facility and plant production equipment
- Assists in the in the installation of new equipment
- Performs general Mechanical, Plumbing and Carpentry duties
- Performs general preventative maintenance as scheduled
- Maintains a safe working environment by cleaning up after maintenance is performed and supports the cleaning efforts of the department and site
- Reports changes in plant components, as noted during maintenance, to the Maintenance Supervisor to allow the changes to be updated in the component's history file
- Performs other general maintenance as needed to support a safe and productive, working environment; such duties will include: housekeeping, snow removal, painting, moving of furniture, equipment, etc.
- Drive equipment on site such as forklift, man-lift, loader (BSC training will be provided)
- Travel in personal or company vehicle between Mead and Longmont sites
- On call work is required of this position
- Demonstrates Proficiency in Pipe Fitting
- Constructs piping manifolds and other types of plant piping from drawings without assistance
- Trains to be a certified Welder or the equivalent in a needed trade
- Makes all repairs on reactor systems in the Production Facility
- Individually troubleshoots operational issues with the Chiller Systems, Cooling Towers, and Boilers
- Troubleshoots site specific equipment issues related to vacuum systems, pick heaters, pumps, steam systems, HVAC, and chillers
- Assists with the replacement of one or more reactors
- Can be assigned to on-call Duty on a regular basis and troubleshoots systems, restarts, or arranges for the appropriate support onsite when more assistance is needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrated mechanical and trouble-shooting skills required to effectively perform duties
- Ability to work multiple shifts including night shift, after training complete
- Must pass a job-related physical examination
- 3 to 5 years of related maintenance experience for Maintenance Technician II
- 5 to 7 years of related maintenance experience for Maintenance Technician III
- Industrial maintenance experience
- Welding experience is a plus
- Diesel Mechanic experience a plus
- HVAC experience a plus
This position is an indoor/outdoor position with work during all weather conditions in a plant environment. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will be working in laboratories, manufacturing areas, and storage facilities that require the use of PPE.
Boulder Scientific CompanyMead, CO
Real EstateView All Boulder Scientific Company Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.