Medical Assistant Resource (Full-time) - Orthopedics (Boulder, CO)
- Posted: 6 days ago
- $18 to $24 Hourly
Do you enjoy working with friendly and helpful people in a positive work environment? Are you ready to embrace a career a that offers a variety of learning opportunities? Are you looking to make a positive impact on peoples' lives in our community?
Consider a career at Boulder Medical Center (BMC). We are 100% privately owned and Physician operated, we provide care in over 20 different specialties, have 90+ providers practicing today, we employ 325+ Healthcare Professionals, and we have locations through-out Boulder County, CO.
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical / dental / vision, flexible spending, company-paid life insurance and Short Term Disability (STD) as well as several voluntary benefit options, RTD EcoPass, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO) and six (6) paid holidays annually.
- Part-time employees are eligible for medical / dental / vision, company-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass, 401(k), and holiday pay (if regularly scheduled to work on an observed holiday).
- Day shift schedules are Monday through Friday. There are occasional voluntary four (4) hour shifts on Saturday mornings from 8 am - 12 pm for several primary clinics (Family Medicine and Pediatrics).
- Experience working in both primary care and specialty care clinics.
- Recognizes, evaluates, and responds to emergency or unusual situations in the clinic using judgment within skill level to obtain additional help, if needed, to ensure proper medical care.
- Receives all patient phone calls regarding medical concerns/questions, medication questions, immunization inquires, patient forms (sports forms, camp forms, return to activity, etc.) and any other patient needs.
- Tracks immunization schedules and notifies physician of upcoming requirements.
- Directs patient medical concerns to proper member of the medical team (phone triage nurse, physician's clinic nurse, etc.).
- Returns patient calls as directed by triage nurse and physicians.
- Broad knowledge base of general nursing practice, knowledge of acute practice based on skill level, licensure and scope of practice.
- Good history-taking skills, strong, competent computer skills; accurate and complete documentation skills; good time management and organizational skills.
- Relate well and communicate with patients, providers, and staff.
- Able to demonstrate self-direction in establishing priorities and working with little supervision.
- Able to maintain high level of precision in judgment, accuracy of assessment, and skill in problem solving under stress based on skill level, licensure and scope of practice.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant (MA) education program.
- Active EMT and / or Surgical Tech certification are acceptable credentials to substitute Medical Assistant (MA) education.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree with an concentration in science / health sciences are acceptable credentials to substitute Medical Assistant (MA) education. Applicant(s) must submit unofficial college transcripts for Medical Assistant (MA) job placement approval.
- 2-5 years previous Medical Assistant experience, preferred.
- $18.36 - $23.50 per hour; depending on experience
- Boulder, CO
BMC offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, company-paid life insurance and STD as well as voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass, 401(k), Paid Time Off and 6 holidays annually. Part-time employees are eligible for medical/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass, and 401(k).
Boulder Medical Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Boulder Medical Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?