The Training and Development Specialist (Bilingual Spanish/English) is responsible for the overall management, planning and development of the company training and development program. The main function of the Field Operations Training Manager is to provide leadership, support and direction in building a best-in-class training for all of our employees.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Builds and managers a robust planning, assessing, developing and delivering strategy for field operations training and development that encompasses virtual, classroom and on the job training opportunities
- Conducts needs assessments and gap analysis to identify training needs to support the overall goal of the business
- Designs and creates training manuals, online learning modules, and course materials
- Partners with, consults and implements new initiatives and pilots
- Inspires and motivates employees to perform well by providing the tools, curriculum, coaching and a positive environment needed to be a best-in-class training
- Partners with Leadership Team and Departments to ensure a seamlessly integrated product and service training approach/road map
- Continuously assess effectiveness of training programs and identify ongoing training needs and opportunities
- Identifies and drives opportunities to leverage technology to improve effectiveness, capability of training programs and to mitigate issues of distance
- Identifies, sets, and implements performance metrics to continuously assess progress and training impact
- Develops relationships and network with other leaders in the industry
- Performs administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 + years of experience with demonstrated success in the employee development field
- Construction industry a plus
- Ability to research, analyze, and use critical thinking skills to determine appropriate recommendation or action that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Assertive with a can do attitude
- Ability to accomplish assigned projects utilizing effective communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills
- Excellent interpersonal/collaborative, facilitation/presentation and influencing/negotiation skills
- Ability to provide superior service to employees by listening, comprehending and guiding them through the issue to closure
- Ability to streamline processes through necessary skill sets
- Demonstrates flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving
- Works both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening
- skills-Spanish bilingual (written/verbal)
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel
- May require travel.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
Offering a full benefits package with a 401K, medical, dental and vision. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.