The primary responsibility of the Irrigation Technician is to repair, maintain and install irrigation systems or individual components of a system. In order to ensure the highest level of services are provided, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed including, but not limited to, working outside of regular business hours during the weekends and holidays at times.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Exceed client’s expectations by providing professional, courteous and efficient service at all times.
- Maintain a positive, solution-oriented approach to service while communicating with team members. Is flexible and understands the importance of cooperation and teamwork.
- Project a “good company image” at all times.
- Ensure a professional appearance, good hygiene and a clean uniform
- Use proper verbiage
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively by:
- Wearing operational cell phone each working day
- Engage with Irrigation Manager about scheduled service and emergency calls
- Report accidents, illnesses, or any other incidents to the Irrigation Manager
- Report necessary equipment, materials, or repairs to Irrigation Manager
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English
- Understand and uphold Exterior Department Quality Standards.
- Install new or renovated irrigation systems. Assist manager with tracking forms and schedule board for service repair and ongoing repairs.
- Troubleshoot irrigation systems to determine repair needs and communicate needs to Irrigation Manager for resolution.
- Pull and fit piping for irrigation systems as needed and set sprinkler heads and valve boxes.
- Perform irrigation activations, repairs, and winterizations.
- Test irrigation systems for proper functioning. Report issues immediately by contacting Irrigation Manager and completing Service Repair Request Forms.
- Ensure work sites are restored to original condition, or better if necessary-- without holes, exposed pipes or gravel, footprints in beds, exposed roots, or soil/debris on surrounding hardscape upon completion of work.
- Work vehicle maintenance:
- Maintain clean vehicle at all times, ensuring interior and exterior cleanliness.
- Remove personal items from vehicles daily (lunchboxes, cell phones, garbage, etc.).
- Adhere to Company maintenance inspection policy.
- Report any and all accidents (regardless of nature and severity) immediately.
- Assist manager with gathering and updating data for each account regarding waters sources, point of connection and mainline location, services performed, and parts installed.
- Keep an accurate daily log of hours spent on each job site as well as materials and parts used on each job. Ensure working hours, including overtime, have been recorded accurately and truthfully for each time period worked.
- Participate in company LEAN activities and maintain areas as assigned.
- Monitor Salesforce, emails, and phone messages throughout workday and respond in a timely manner.
- Update and utilize Salesforce in daily work, keeping accurate and up-to-date records on all accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure knowledge of the appropriate safety and environmental revisions. Handle equipment and tools with care, being concerned with safety and security.
- Set a positive example by displaying a pleasant and approachable demeanor and remaining friendly and courteous at all times.
- Is aware of and actively supports the achievement of departmental goals.
- Proactive team player, strong follow through, quick decision making abilities and able to problem-solve in a fast pace environment.
- Professional mannerisms, appearance and actions (self-confident and committed to high ethics).
- Demonstrated problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrate active listening skills by thoroughly carrying out instructions from manager and clarifying instructions when necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage change effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with customers, supervisors and co-workers.
- Minimum of one (1) year irrigation service and installation experience serving multiple customer locations. A combination of experience and education will be evaluated for equivalency.
- Proven ability to program, monitor and manipulate smart-controllers and electronic remote devices.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Occasionally required two work on ledges and ladders with exposure to heights.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Varied Field Environment performing outdoor work with moderate to occasional loud noise.
This is a minimal description of duties and not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position.
Botanical Designs LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All offers of employment at Botanical Designs are contingent upon clear results from a background check