Managers at Botanical Designs are responsible for overseeing and organizing Exterior Landscaping, crews. Must be adept at time management, planning and scheduling work crews, coaching employees, monitoring performance, tracking and reporting progress of work sites, enforcing rules and company policies and ensuring quality of work and compliance. Must possess strong communication and leadership skills, be knowledgeable about workers compensation and Safety programs and possess the ability to resolve various types of workplace issues effectively. The Manager will be excited about guiding, training and supporting their team members and is highly motivated to help Botanical Designs champion the company values.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Manage employee Performance including documenting, tracking, discipline, completing reviews, employee training and development etc.
- Will be accountable for the upkeep and quality of work done on client sites. Record, track, and resolve the inbound questions comments and/or concerns and escalates appropriately.
- Represents Botanical Designs Operations acting as a client services and relationship. Will take requests for services, schedule service, keep clients informed on ongoing projects, as needed etc. The Manager will escalate larger issues and work collaboratively with Department manager to resolve in a timely and consistent manner.
- Functions as the primary contact for Supervisors and crews out in the field, team builds, coaches and delegates, schedules, plans and dispatches team members/crews as needed.
- Responsible for the efficiency of the Supervisors/crews, makes decisive, efficient changes to schedules/routes when needed.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable communicating with all levels including Supervisors, crews, management, clients vendors etc.
- Responsible for job site Safety & Training
- Responsible for effectively working in Office 365 and must be comfortable using various types of software and technology. This may include but is not limited to: Computers, Smart Phones, Tablets, Timekeeping Software, Scheduling software, Telematics, Client Relations software, POS etc.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, utilizing strong organizational, time management and prioritization, critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Ability to operate in ambiguous or uncertain conditions
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels, displaying a pleasant and approachable demeanor.
- Consistent leadership skills; promoting professional work standards, teamwork, empowerment, and open communication.
- Knowledge of proper horticulture techniques; including but not limited to pruning, watering, fertilizing and insect and disease control.
- Knowledge of plant names (Latin and/or common) and plant identification.
- Owns it
- Demonstrated experience directly Managing multiple teams of 13 or more (5 or more years)
- Prior work experience with Exterior Landscaping, Irrigation, and/or Installation (2 or more years)
- Must have knowledge of horticultural reference materials, and plant identification
- Clean Driving Record
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid WA State Drivers license
- Frequent walking, talking, listening, squatting, stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, grasping, pushing, pulling etc.
- Specific vision abilities necessary include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus etc.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions (rain, sun etc.) for extended periods of time and/or field Environments performing outdoor work with moderate to occasional loud noise.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
This is a minimal description of duties and is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. As the nature of business demands change, so may the essential functions of this position.
Botanical Designs LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All offers of employment at Botanical Designs LLC. are contingent upon clear results from a background check