- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Case Manager
Business Unit: EOEA
Department: Care Management
Reports to: Program Manager
Classification: Regular Full-Time (35 hours)
Grade: B Union Position
Salary Range: $38,305 - 45,242 (commensurate with experience)
Case Managers conduct home visits in the Greater Boston area to assess and evaluate elder's eligibility for the State Home Care Program as well as other community resources. Following the development and implementation of the client's initial care plan, Case Managers monitor their assigned client caseload through home visits and telephone contact. Case Managers work collaboratively with informal and formal supports, vendors and other community agencies.
Essential Job functions: Duties __1_____ through ___11____are designated as ADA Essential Functions and must be performed in this job. All other job duties are secondary functions.
- Conduct home visits to assess and evaluate elders to determine eligibility for state home care services and/or make recommendation for community assistance.
- Utilizing EOEA guidelines develop a care plan based on individual unmet needs of the elder. Ensure interdisciplinary review.
- Implement the plan based utilizing BSHC community resources
- Conduct home visits according to the guidelines of the specific program
- Maintain client and care plan monitoring through ongoing vendor communication and phone calls to client and informal supports. Revise care plan as needed
- Maintain the client record by the timely documentation of all significant communications from vendor, client and informal supports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of BSHC and other community programs or have the skill to access this information.
- Develop and hone skills to advocate for clients in a wide variety of arenas.
- Contribute to organizational life through active participation in team activities, committees, and work groups. Promote a positive working environment through cooperative and respectful interaction with others.
- Consult with Team Managers and other staff as needed for ongoing case management and other issues.
- Conduct ongoing outreach efforts in order to ensure access to services for all client groups.
- Sensitivity to elder issues and commitment to maintaining clients at home with dignity.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and by telephone.
- Computer experience with the ability to perform data entry and word processing.
- Must be able to travel to the community to perform visits at consumers' homes (may have limited accessibility), and travel under all weather conditions.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be able to carry a 15 to 20 pound load
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position required up to 25% travel. Must be able to travel to the community to perform visits at consumers' homes (may have limited accessibility), and travel under all weather conditions.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required in social work, human services, nursing, psychology, sociology, or related field preferred.
- SW, LSW and relevant work experience preferred, but not required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None required for this position
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must clear CORI background check
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled Boston Senior Home Care affirms and supports diversity and inclusion in our workforce and recognizes all EEOC Factors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Boston Senior Home Care
HealthcareView all jobs at Boston Senior Home Care