Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Watchman Regional Manager – New York City
About the role:
Ensures that the assigned region meets or exceeds sales and profitability objectives. Formulates sales strategies for markets within the assigned geography and product lines in order to attain revenue goals set by the company. Works with sales representatives to identify and evaluate market opportunities and sales potential and to establish and achieve their annual sales objectives. Manages and coaches the activities of sales representatives, therapy awareness representatives, clinical representatives, and other field personnel. Negotiates contracts with external customers. Keeps the company informed of market dynamics and competitive activity. Responsible for the management and implementation of company policies.
Your responsibilities include:
- Knowledge: Responsible for providing continuous tools and education to team members to ensure up to date industry, competitor and product knowledge; Maintains knowledge of the industry and the competition by continually seeking information from physicians, suppliers, insurance carriers and others to challenge, modify and prioritize regional strategies; Collects data from their region on competitor’s sales tactics and prepares their team to counter them and keeps the marketing organization aware; Maintains awareness of industry trends and their impact on local/regional sales activities.
- Business Management: Monitors region sales performance on an ongoing basis, initiating corrective actions, preparing reports, summaries, analysis and documentation on all aspects of region management; Assists sales support/marketing staff members in activities such as sales promotion, training or market research in planning and executing special projects; Ensures the effective implementation of representative customer records, key contacts, reports and company policies; Develops and executes sales strategies and activities; Plans and controls expenses to ensure sales objectives are met within budget; Performs a monthly forecasting review; Integrates individual territory plans and account profiles into a broader regional sales plan and coaches sales team accordingly; Conducts quarterly sales reviews and adjusts strategies accordingly.
- Selling Skills: Prepares quarterly regional sales forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential and sales expense estimates; Identifies sales forecast gaps, submits corrective strategies and implements aggressive sales growth; Confers with immediate superior in the development of marketing policy, recommending product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes; Develops and recommends expansion analysis of new field territories; Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a region targeting program; Identifies and recommends promotion programs and materials to help support the sales plan and strategy; Shares personal selling experiences in a way that motivates others and teaches applicable skills; Coaches others in the field on a disciplined selling model; Models strong selling skills in front of the customer with others present and without taking over the sales process; Actively supports corporate/divisional selling initiatives by proactively assisting in the training and influencing their team.
- Clinical Excellence: Maintains the skills and knowledge to sell the entire product line to all applicable buying influences and can differentiates each product line against the competitor’s products in front of the customer.
- Creative Economic and Value-Added Solutions: Identifies and develops working relationships with the economic buyer in their regions key accounts; Facilitation of contract negotiations involving all products within the region; Creates a compete “bundle” of product and value-add services; Evaluates situations as they affect both the account/customer, as well as the division’s overall long and short-term business needs; Helps define negotiation parameters for tough economically constrained customer situations.
- Building and Maintaining Relationships: Maintains contact with major accounts and key relationships seeking to leverage them into profitable business ventures; Assist key customers in the creation, maintenance, expansion and startup of Watchman related educational courses and forums; Attend and participate in customer, company and industrysponsored forums and courses; Develop and maintain relationships with key BSC functional areas including but not limited too - National Accounts, marketing, finance, corporate programs; Spends time in the field with multiple field sales personnel to support their professional development needs and to maintain and develop strong relationships and understanding of the customer. Responsible for recruiting, coaching and developing organizational talent. Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree (Advanced degree preferred) plus 7- 9 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ideally experience in Interventional Cardiology, EP or CRM products is strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated, high impact individual with strong technical, analytical and leadership competencies to work effectively in a sales organization.
- Highly detailed oriented, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, including effectively managing multiple priorities.
- Candidate must have experience working successfully within a matrix organization, effectively influencing cross-functionally, across divisions and at various levels of management.
- Sales management experience
- Proven sales team development
- MBA or graduate degree in related field
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 451437