Do you have a clean driving record, enjoy navigating the streets of Boston and interacting with people? Are you "in to" health and wellness, living a positive and healthy lifestyle? If you answered yes to these questions, we have just the job for you!
We are seeking a positive, energetic, team player. The individual will be hired as a delivery driver with some warehouse responsibilities.
As a Delivery Driver, you will be a representative of the company. Our Drivers value safety and are courteous and respectful. You will also be expect to generate new business prospects. There will be bonus opportunities for lead generation.
You will work approximately 32-40 hrs week with a routine/regular schedule. You will drive company vehicles that are fully insured. You will receive benefits including paid time off.
Please send resume and cover letter. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Background check required.
Must have a clean driving record with no incidents for the past 3 years
GENERAL DRIVING RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Load vans and deliver orders to appropriate destination in a timely manner.
2. Transport deliveries according to manifest safely and responsibly.
3. Read route sheet and update information to maintain accuracy.
4. Add perishables to orders throughout the day according to manifest.
5. Exercise good judgment and attention to detail when delivery problems arise. Contact office for additional assistance, if needed.
6. Update daily route statistics including start and end times, mileage and return of plastic boxes.
7. Report vehicle maintenance issues.
8. Greet customers, building staff and general public in a professional and courteous manner. Answer basic customer service inquiries.
9. Generate predetermined number of referrals.
10. Maintain a professional manner and appearance.
GENERAL WAREHOUSE RESPONSIBILITIES
Daily housekeeping duties; maintain a neat and orderly workplace at all times; pick and pack orders; move pallets; other duties as assigned.
Sense of urgency.
Verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable interacting with co-workers and customers.
Written communication skills.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Able to lift and move 50+ lb boxes.
Pallet jack operation.
Attention to detail (ability to spot blemished items).
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING
Driving knowledge of Metro Boston streets preferred. Prior city delivery driving experience highly desirable.
No CDL required.
Only applicants with clean driving records will be considered!
Food industry experience, knowledge of produce and interest in organics desirable but not mandatory.
High School Diploma or GED.
Valid/Clean MA driver's license.