Insurance Professional - Outside Sales
- $65,000 to $85,000 Yearly
The following statements represent what Boston Mutual stands “FOR” – it is what makes us different and better in the market we serve.
- We are FOR being a progressive life insurance company dedicated to offering financial peace of mind to working Americans and their families.
- We are FOR providing practical and affordable products designed for those we serve.
- We are FOR making it easy to secure a level of financial protection with a portfolio of products – beginning with life insurance – via enrollment and billing options at the workplace.
- We are FOR providing a personalized customer experience to our policyholders and producers.
We are FOR acting in the best interests of our policyholders, producers, employees and the communities in which we live and serve – representing the goodness of mutuality in all we do.
We do our best to:
- Demonstrate a desire to assist
- Listen for understanding and respond empathetically
- Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand
- Be knowledgeable students of our business
- Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues
- Be professional, polite and courteous
- Leave our customers and associates “better than where we found them”
Statement of Position
We are looking for a life insurance outside sales professional to be responsible for achieving Life Insurance Sales results in the New Bedford/Fall River, or North Shore.
The ideal candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, be passionate about providing support and motivation to the Life Insurance Professionals, have good customer relations skills, and be goal-driven.
An insurance professional is expected to:
- Support the acquisition and retention of new customers.
- Broad knowledge of individual product offerings and how to position sales solutions.
- Maintain Life & Health license
- Sell whole life and accident insurance to customers within Massachusetts communities in person or over the phone
- Prospect new customers through cold calls, direct mail & email campaigns, attending community events and hosting small group educational events.
- Establish and execute a structured sales routine with metrics & goals. Continuously improve your performance in a metrics-driven environment, directly impacting your earnings.
- Be the best brand ambassador for the company.
- Have an entrepreneurial, goal-driven mindset.
- Educate and communicate the need for insurance to prospects based on their needs.
- Active in the local communities, develop and build relationships within the assigned territory for an assigned product portfolio.
- Monitor and achieve sales goals.
- Work collaboratively with workplace counterparts.
Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
Education: Bachelors or Equivalent work experience
Experience: 2+ Years in a Life Insurance Sales Role
- Sales Acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Priority would be given to a candidate with a strong understanding of Individual Whole Life Insurance.
- We are seeking an experienced and results-driven insurance sales professional with a proven track record of exceeding targets and driving revenue growth.
- The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, a strong understanding of the insurance sales process, and a proven history of sales success.
Certifications/Licensures: Massachusetts Life and Health License
Hybrid Work Model
At our Omaha location, employees will be working either Mondays & Tuesdays on site or Wednesdays & Thursdays on site due to limited space at this time.
At our Canton location, employees will be on site Monday - Thursday starting 5/1/23.
Boston Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. Boston Mutual is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military service, veteran status, family status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. Boston Mutual is a drug-free workplace.
Boston Mutual Life Insurance CompanyCanton, MA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.