- Posted: over a month ago
- $25 to $27 Hourly
The position is a part -time position/approximately 20 hours/wk. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Executive Director and Board of Trustees. Some duties include the following:
• Assist with the coordination of the Society’s meetings and functions.
• Help with errands, such as, going to post office, bank, off site storage, etc.
• Perform basic clerical duties, such as, but not limited to; answer phones, maintain files, update website, and prepare correspondences.
• Assist with bookkeeping, and assist Executive Director with monthly statements.
• Maintain Society’s membership; organize quarterly and annual mailings, maintain new membership applications, and list of membership dues.
• Aid in maintenance of library, archives, and museum collection.
• Assist the Executive Director and Trustees with other duties and various projects as assigned.
• Experience in Administration/Office skills
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and appreciation of the traditions of the Society
• Museum experience or knowledge of the maritime industry a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to lisa@bostonmarinesociety
Boston Marine SocietyWhy Work Here?
100 1st Ave. Suite 102Charlestown, MA
BusinessView all jobs at Boston Marine Society