Site: Pine St. Inn Men’s and Women’s Clinics 444 Harrison Ave Boston, MA 02118
Hours: Full-time, 40 hrs./week, 12-8:30pm and every other weekend 12pm-8:30pm
Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) serves to provide the highest quality healthcare to our community’s most vulnerable and resilient patients. At the Pine St. Inn, BHCHP operates clinics within both the men’s and women’s emergency adult homeless shelters. Our clinics provide integrated primary care, behavioral health care, and urgent care as well as respond to medical emergencies within the shelter setting.
The Staff RN has responsibilities for provision of non judgmental, supportive care to patients at varying stages of disease processes and provides patient education on subjects including, but not limited to, medication management, chronic disease management and general health promotion.
Direct Nursing Care:
- Direct nursing care to ensure that all needs of the patients are met, conforming to established policies and procedures, as well as Department of Public Health regulations
- Provide all nursing related activities in association with primary care clinical operations at BHCHP primary clinic settings: including direct care and nursing case management activities, immunizations and screenings
- Provide triage and nursing assessment of walk-in and scheduled patients as directed
- Responsible for accurate assessments and documentation, reporting to appropriate personnel as indicated (i.e. on –call Provider, Nurse Manager, Site Manager, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring that the clinic is fully equipped and operational daily
- Assist patients with management of medications and understanding of disease processes
- Responsible for responding to medical emergencies within the shelter and activating emergency medical services when indicated
- Knowledge of or willingness to become proficient in utilizing Harm Reduction Principles to provide non-judgmental clinical support for patients in all phases of recovery from substance use disorders
- Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality
- Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting ensuring that the clinical record for each patient is current and accurate.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts RN license
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Experience with emergency response preferred
- Desired to work with underserved populations preferred
- Experience with mental illness and substance use disorders preferred
- Displays concern and initiative.
- Observes and supports program policy.
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments, and visitors.
- Ability to learn and adapt.
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.