Hours: Full-Time 40 hours: Days/Evenings, 7am – 3:30pm, 3pm – 11:30pm and 7am – 7pm; every other weekend/holiday
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That is what you’ll find when you join Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP). At BHCHP over 12,000 men, women, and children experiencing homelessness are seen each year. We are committed to ensuring that every one of these individuals has access to comprehensive health care, from preventative dental services to cancer treatment. Our clinicians, case managers and mental health care providers work in more than 60 locations delivering exceptional care to some of our community’s most vulnerable—and most resilient—citizens.
BHCHP is seeking a talented and compassionate registered nurse. You will find challenging and satisfying work every day alongside people who share the same drive and compassion as you do. In this vital role as a registered nurse, you will provide nursing support for respite patients throughout the BHCHP program. This position is crucial to assure that clinically appropriate and timely decisions are made, and actions are taken around patient assessments, administering of medications, treatments and overall patient care.
- Direct nursing care of patients on assigned team to ensure that all needs of the patients are met, in conformance with respite established policies and procedures, as well as Department of Health rules and regulations.
- Responsible for accurate assessments and documentation, reporting to appropriate personnel as indicated (i.e., on-call provider, nurse manager, Director of Nursing, etc.)
- Responsible for administering medications and treatments to all the patients assigned to his/her Team skillfully and correctly, documenting per policy; Observe and report any adverse reactions.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining accurate treatment records, flow sheets and vaccine administration, documenting appropriately
- Participate actively in New Patients Rounds, Team Rounds, and all other Team meetings when appropriate
- Responsible for giving and receiving report at change of shift; checking narcotics and related drug supplies per policy; sign appropriate forms.
- Responsible for taking off orders accurately, per policy; Responsible for assigning specific individual tasks to, and directing Respite Aides, and giving each a verbal report on patients' needs.
- Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality; Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
- Ensuring that the clinical record for each patient on his/her Team is current and accurate.
- Licensed as RN in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Minimum of 2 years of experience preferred
- Experience with underserved population preferred
- Experience with EMR strongly preferred; strong medical assessment skills
- Bilingual Spanish & English candidates encouraged to apply
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.