Since 1985, the mission of Boston Healthcare for the Homeless (BHCHP) has remained to provide or assure access to the highest quality health care for all persons experiencing homelessness in the greater Boston area. Today, nurses at BHCHP practice a type of medicine unique in the City of Boston. We are a nationally recognized leader in offering continuous care across a range medically complex cases with multiple co-morbidities. Our nurses utilize leading edge treatments and techniques around suboxone, HIV, HEP C and more. From IV administration to extensive wound care, our nurses drive our mission!
We are seeking a Per Diem RN for day, evening and weekend shifts at our clinics at the Southampton and Transitions shelters. You’ll provide direct nursing care of patients on assigned, multi-disciplinary teams to ensure patient needs are met. Your work will be crucial in assuring clinically appropriate and timely decisions are taken around patient assessments, delivery of medications, treatments and overall patient care. In addition, you’ll educate patients on their medications and other health information vital to their well-being.
Other duties will include:
- Maintenance of accurate treatment records, flow sheets and vaccine administration, documenting per policy while observing and reporting adverse reactions.
- Providing all nursing related activities in association with primary care clinical operations at BHCHP primary clinic settings such as direct care and nursing case management activities, immunization and screenings
- Providing triage and nursing assessment of walk-in and scheduled patients as directed
- Other duties as necessary
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts RN license
- Life support training certification (e.g. CPR, BLS, ACLS) from a course that includes a hands-on, in-person component
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience preferred
- Experience with underserved populations preferred
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.