Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Posted: 6 days ago
Who We Are:
Since 1985, BHCHP’s mission has been to ensure unconditionally equitable and dignified access to the highest quality health care for all individuals and families experiencing homelessness in greater Boston. Over 12,000 homeless individuals are cared for by Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program each year. We are committed to ensuring that every one of these individuals has access to comprehensive health care, from preventative dental care to cancer treatment. Our clinicians, case managers, and behavioral health professionals work in more than 60 locations to serve some of our community’s most vulnerable—and most resilient—citizens.
From our earliest days as a program, we have always sought to do work that is transformational: recognizing our shared humanity; centering dignity, compassion, mutual respect and supporting the right of every individual to access the highest levels of health care and every staff member to reach their fullest potential. We continue to be committed to building bridges and breaking down barriers, including systemic racism which harms us all. We provide community-based health care services that are compassionate, dignified, and culturally appropriate, incorporating social determinants of health, with the goal of breaking down the physical and systemic barriers that our patients face.
Bilingual, Bicultural, LGBTQIA identifying, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about working at BHCHP, watch our video Please Click Here.
Hours: Full-time Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Join us in our challenge to provide or assure access to the highest quality health care for all persons experiencing homelessness in the Greater Boston area! We need people who can organize in an environment of competing priorities, who can communicate clearly and efficiently under pressure and can do all that from a place of patience and compassion for the people we serve.
As our new Human Resources Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative and operations support to the Human Resources staff and serving as the first point of contact for the staff at large. You’ll bring excellent problem-solving and communication skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and expertise in the functional use of Outlook, Excel, and Word. The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential. ADP Workforce Now a plus. We will provide the training time and funding for the person hired into this position to become ADP-certified in Human Resources Specialist and Time and Attendance functions.
- Maintain, enter, and update all HR data within ADP, electronic files and personnel folders, and related tracking spreadsheets
- Assist employees with ADP questions
- Contact and work directly with ADP to resolve issues.
- Maintain the applicant tracking system and train users on its function.
- Create, update, and maintain job descriptions as needed.
- Screen resumes and creates a shortlist of qualified candidates as needed.
- Follow up with new hires to ensure the completion and submission of all documents that need to be received prior to the start date.
- Share in running weekly new employee orientations.
- Create letters/packets for employees who are resigning.
- Planning and implementation of various Human Resources initiatives, including employee recognition awards, referral bonus program, etc.
- At least 1 - 3 years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Excellent customer service, administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, Word, and ADP Workforce Now or comparable HRIS.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information professionally and discreetly.
- Healthcare and/or Human Resources experience preferred, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation starts at $23.80 and increases based on years of experience.
BHCHP full time employees are eligible for our competitive time off policy of 4 weeks’ vacation, health, dental and vision insurance, 403B retirement savings plan and employer retirement contribution, and pre-tax MBTA pass program with 40% discount. In addition, eligible employees will receive yearly increases, additional compensation of seven thousand five hundred dollars added to your base hiring rate for demonstrated bilingual proficiency and the opportunity to work with local hospitals and community health centers.
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, BHCHP pledges not to discriminate against and encourages those from underrepresented and underserved backgrounds to apply, particularly Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQIA identifying, first generation college students and adults without a college degree, Bilingual and Bicultural persons; and individuals from low economic backgrounds.
Covid-19 Vaccination: For the protection of our workplace and patients, BHCHP requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination(s) is required for employment. All candidates offered employment will be given details about how to demonstrate receipt of vaccination.
Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
BusinessView all jobs at Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?