- Expired: May 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Manager manages a portfolio of projects and tasks with the goal of delivering them in a way that meets stakeholders' requirements, on time and within budget. The Project Manager must collaborate with the IT teams, Product managers and Business stakeholders. This position is a floater, so will work with various departments to help manage projects with various stakeholders and tech teams.
- Working with product, tech leads developers and stakeholders to define business, technical, and editorial requirements, timelines and deliverables
- Identifying, assembling and overseeing project team members
- Developing project plans, schedules and a clear outline of responsibilities
- Working with Finance to manage project budget
- Working with internal teams and vendors to ensure resource availability
- Managing communication of progress to stakeholders
- Removing project obstacles
- Working with operational managers to ensure that sufficient support documentation and training are created and distributed.
- Delivering project deliverables on time and within budget
- Three to Five years experience as a Project Manager working with IT teams
- Highly organized
- Proven track record of excellent project development skills
- Excellent consultative, listening, communications and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with multiple departments and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management and staff
- Experienced in Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Ability to learn and understand systems at a high level
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
Boston Globe Media Partners
Get fresh Task Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.