2nd & 3rd Shift Machinist - $2K RETENTION BONUS /$1.50 Shift Diff.
Boston Gear Charlotte, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $22 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, life insurance, medical, vision,
$2,000 RETENTION BONUS
2nd & 3rd Shifts AVAILABLE!!
$1.50 Shift Differential
The Machinist is responsible for setting up and operating manual and/or numerically controlled machines to produce a variety of diversified finished parts that meet quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform work from standard and complex drawings, instruction sheets, charts and/or verbal instructions. Works to close tolerance as specified.
- Set up, run and adjust machine tools and machine equipment to achieve size, finish and tolerance.
- Make necessary adjustment to equipment, machine controls, machine tools and fixtures to maintain quality standards in accordance with drawing specifications and/or established Engineering Process (EP).
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixture, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
- Debug and edit CNC programs to ensure parts meet drawing specifications, in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering.
- Follow established standard work procedures to achieve production requirements and quality standards that meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for performing and documenting first and last piece inspection of all parts.
- Perform routine daily Total Preventative Maintenance on equipment in assigned cell.
- Maintain 6S standard for housekeeping and workplace organization, to include machines, equipment and general work area.
- Recommends method changes towards process improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required skills include, but are not limited to: turning, gear hobbing, milling, broaching, sawing, honing, grinding and drill and tap.
- Demonstrated understanding of CNC controls and G&M code is desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of controlling speeds and feeds on manual machining is desired
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand complex blueprints.
- Demonstrated basic GD&T knowledge.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations, to include trigonometry
- Proficient use of measurement instruments (e.g. dial calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, height stands, Verniers) to meet tolerance requirements
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills, including a continuous improvement mindset. Exposure to lean manufacturing principles is a plus
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated while taking initiative with projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and at the necessary pace required to meet customer demand rates and production goals. This includes operating multiple machines in a cell environment.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and collaborative skills.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changes in internal processes, delays or unexpected events.
- Positive attitude with a demonstrated willingness to listen and learn
- Demonstrated safety orientation and compliance mindset
- Demonstrated pattern of reliability and dependability as related to attendance and work assignments
- Basic proficiency with computers, including the ability to accurately enter data
- Proficiency in English language skills, including effective verbal and written communication
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours, including overtime and weekends as required
Education and Experience Requirements
- A High School diploma or GED equivalency is required from an accredited institution
- Certificate and/or AAS in Machining/Manufacturing Technology is desired
- 2 or more years of related CNC and/or machining experience is preferred, to include but not limited to: set ups, adjustments, calculations of speeds and feeds, measurements
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
Majority of time is spent in a manufacturing production environment with some (but not all) climate-controlled areas. Personal protective safety equipment must be worn, and proper safety precautions must be observed. Potential exposure may include, but is not limited to: solvents, dusts, lead, fiberglass, noise, heat, cold.
Potential physical demands include, but are not limited to: frequent walking and standing, occasional twisting, stooping, carrying, handling, pushing, and pulling; climbing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. Potential sensory demands include but are not limited to: hearing and seeing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
Boston GearWhy Work Here?
Comprehensive benefits package that kick in day 1 and competitive pay,• Great work environment, • 140+ year old company • Climate Control
Boston Gear is a leading global supplier of quality power transmission products to most major industrial markets including, but not limited to food processing, packaging machinery, material handling and most others - including yours. Along with unparalleled delivery programs and superior customer service, the power transmission consumer, distributor and OEM who demand the best can count on Boston Gear.
701 Carrier DriveCharlotte, NC