Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.Job Description
Boston Engineering’s Advanced Systems Group is growing in response to continued demand for its technologies and services which are driving the need for a results-oriented, customer-focused Electrical Engineer in a fast-paced product and project development environment with a successful project/product development track record. Our projects range in complexity and involve some or all engineering disciplines across many market segments, but primarily within the defense market. As a member of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry's most brilliant minds.
- Design, build and test of custom electrical components for robotic / unmanned system applications including communications, energy storage, computing, sensing, control and power distribution
- Design custom printed circuit boards for power distribution, embedded control systems and sensing system
- Selection of COTS components where appropriate, maintenance of Bill of Materials including selection of new components and replacement of obsolete parts
- Derivation, testing and validation of electrical and controls requirements
- Assist with system integration and testing including novel robotic platforms
- Work with cross-functional engineering team including mechanical, controls, software, quality and program management
- Be effective working on challenging fast paced projects in both independent and team environments
- Understand & practice the job role within our quality management system as trained
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years of experience or MS degree with 4+ years of experience
- Experience with circuit design and PCB layout for passive and active circuits, power and RF experience a plus
- Experience with battery systems including BMS, charging and pack design desired
- Understanding of motors and motor controllers, buck and boost converters, solid state devices required
- Experience tuning motor control parameters including PID for current speed and position required
- Experience integrating and testing complex electromechanical systems desired, robotics preferred
- Experience with Matlab-Simulink, PADS, Altium, OrCAD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is required
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.