The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Human Machine Interaction (HMI), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design. In all areas we work in close collaboration with our partners at leading US universities, leading-edge industry partners, and other worldwide Bosch research, development, and marketing units.
The focus of our global HMI research includes Visual Computing, Audio and Language Computing, Conversational AI, Smart Wearables and Haptics, User Experience (UX) and Human Factors, etc. We develop intuitive, interactive and intelligent solutions to enable an inspiring UX for Bosch products and services in application areas such as autonomous driving, car infotainment and driver assistance systems (ADAS), Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things (IoT), security systems, smart home and building solutions, health care, and robotics.
As a part of the global Human Machine Interaction research unit, our Language and Audio Computing group is responsible for shaping the future user experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies and prototype systems in the fields of text and audio processing, including natural language processing, natural language understanding, question answering, information retrieval, and audio signal processing. We work on solutions to hard challenges of truly understanding the human language and audio signals, extracting the semantics from text and audio, and enabling natural, intuitive and intelligent HMI and personal assistance. We work with internal partners at various Bosch business units to transfer our ideas and solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals, e.g., ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, COLING, AAAI, ISWC, Interspeech, ICASSPJob Description
- Drive advanced research and engineering of Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies
- Apply research results to Bosch prototypes, products and services of information retrieval, question answering, conversational AI, and information extraction.
- Working together with Bosch business units to integrate the resulting system/software into Bosch platform with high quality implementation
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and/or patent submissions
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- 3+ years R&D experience in natural language processing, machine learning
- 3+ years R&D experience on information retrieval, question answering, natural language understanding for human machine interaction system
- 3+ years experience in deep learning technologies and familiar with state-of-the-art deep learning toolkits
- 3+ years programming experience in C++, Python, or Java
- Publication record in top NLP venues (e.g. ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, COLING)
- Hands-on experience on information extraction and text mining
- Hands-on experience on production of NLP technologies
- 3+ years’ experience of leading NLP R&D
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.