As one of the largest North American automotive suppliers, Bosch develops, manufactures and supplies precision components and systems - including body electronics, chassis and powertrain products - for vehicle manufacturers worldwide. This position will be located at our research and development facility in Waltham, MA (near Boston). Our Waltham facility counts 25 engineers and a prototype shop working on advanced development projects for multiple product areas within the Bosch Group. Key areas include fluid dynamics, noise and vibration, heat transfer, material testing, product benchmarking, and application support. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.Job Description
- Develop aerodynamic/hydrodynamic designs for new air and fluid moving products for use in automotive thermal systems.
- Conduct research and development to advance air & fluid moving technology.
- Apply new technologies to upcoming application projects for all Bosch markets worldwide.
- Develop and improve in-house design and application tools.
- Apply CAE tools for fluid dynamic and acoustic simulations.
- Apply flow and noise measurement technologies to analyze and improve product efficiency and acoustic performance.
- Perform design, prototyping, and testing of new designs.
- BS or MS degree in mechanical, aeronautical, ocean engineering
- One or more years of relevant work or internship experience, including laboratory or equivalent hands-on experience, in fans, blowers, pumps, turbomachinery, propellers, or wind turbines with focus on the topics of fluid dynamics and acoustics.
- Hands-on approach with strong analytical skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of numeric simulation (including CFD), heat transfer and noise & vibration.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, CAD modeling, SolidWorks, ANSYS (CFX and/or FLUENT) and CFD simulation tools, and computer programming.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected/Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..