Position: Steel Blanking Operator
Job Posting Number: 3194
# of Openings: 1
Labor Grade: 6
Rate: Rate: $15.93 - $23.04
Cell Name: Steel Blanking
This position will report to: Eric Gutierrez (Production Supervisor)
The Blanking Operator/Set-up reports directly to the Team Leader.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setting-up presses within a defined time limit.
- Changing dies within a defined time limit.
- Hanging steel coils on un-coilers
- Material handling.
- Maintain logbooks and performance measures.
- Analyze rejects, determine the nature of the problem and adjust where appropriate.
- Basic troubleshooting
- Compliance to the 8 Critical Processes required
- Other assignable responsibilities and duties
- Be able to attain a forklift license within 30 days.
- Familiarity with computers and Microsoft programs, knowledge of SPC.
- Mechanical skills.
- Use gauges and hand tools.
- Adhere to all QS9000, ISO 14001 requirements.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Lifting and bending throughout the day.
- Compliance to the 8 Critical Processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Internal Candidates: Eligibility to Bid
Employees with less than one year of service are only eligible to bid on higher paying labor grade positions.
Employees with more than one year of service will receive first consideration.
Employees in a Disciplinary Step 1 are eligible to bid on any job.
Employees in Step 2 are eligible to bid on any job after 1 year.
Employees in Step 3 are eligible to bid on any job after 1 year.
If an employee accepted a new position, they cannot bid on the same or lower paying labor grade for 1 year.
If you were previously forced out of this job classification and are interested in returning to the position, you must complete a job bidding form.
This Position requires that you be able to Read and Write English.
Internal Candidates : Eligibility to Interview
Applicants must meet all criteria in the job bidding process
Employees who have been interviewed within 6 months for the SAME exact position may not be re-interview.
- Candidates with a Wonderlic Score of 16 or higher and a Weisen score of 40 or higher. are eligible for LG6 positions and higher .
- This Position requires that you be able to Read and Write English.
- Candidates with a Wonderlic Score of 16 or higher and a Weisen score of 40 or higher. are eligible for LG6 positions and higher.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application or hiring process you may contact us at 708.567.2600
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.