Location: Charleston, SC
Maintains and repairs mechanical transportation equipment to aid in the distribution of all company products in a safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic preventative maintenance inspections and service on mechanical transportation equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and company guidelines.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and minor repair on mechanical transportation equipment including but not limited to: electrical systems, powertrain, air and brake systems, suspension systems, and maintain fleet tires.
- Comply with all company work and safety rules and regulatory compliance rules and regulations.
- Use all personal protective equipment in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Possess the necessary personal tools to perform duties.
- Must travel to other site locations for repairs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training in general transportation equipment maintenance and repair; or equivalent combination of continued education and experience.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and accurately record data required.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying shifts, as required.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend with full range of body motion.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently and/or on a team in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and systematic approach to troubleshooting and problem solving is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A or B commercial driver’s license permit within 6 months of hire (must possess a valid Class CDL-A or B and Medical Examiner’s Certificate in accordance with FMCSA Part 391.41 prior to operating a commercial motor vehicle for Borden Dairy Company on public roadways).
- Must be able to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and outdoors and on mechanical transportation equipment.
Borden Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer