The Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe operation of FEL, Excavators, Dozers, Articulated Trucks, ECrane, Barge Loader, and any other equipment as assigned. In addition, the Equipment Operator is responsible for the daily checks and maintenance activities for the assigned equipment.
- Comply with Boral Safety Policies and Procedures
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility
- Adheres to all safety and company standards while performing job functions.
- Reports any safety concerns or violations to supervisor.
- Performs pre-operation and post-operation inspection of the equipment and insures windows, lights, mirrors, and equipment are clean.
- Reports any necessary equipment repairs to supervisor. Safely and productively operates equipment complying with manufacturer and company approved techniques.
- Achieves maximum productivity while operating equipment.
- Completes daily lubrication and minor service on equipment.
- Checks and maintains fluid levels in equipment.
- Ensures that equipment is properly cleaned, serviced, and stored at the end of each shift.
- Cleans tracks or wheels and moving components on equipment.