Cyber Security Tools Engineer
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Cyber Security Tools Engineer
Are you excited at the prospect of developing innovative solutions to enable secure and reliable operations of enterprise computer systems? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by engineering, designing, development, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats? In an increasingly connected world, it is critical to understand the fundamentals of layered defense and zero trust technologies. As a cyber engineer, you will prevent adversary network threats, identify advanced attack vectors, and thwart methods of exploitation.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership, strategy, and analytical skills to improve Booz Allen's delivery to our clients. You'll work individually or in a small integrated team, and lead a task, project, or team. You will ensure project completion and provide guidance and direction to lower-level technicians, specialists, and managers. You'll provide expertise in the engineering design, development, direction, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities. You will apply familiarity with the utilization, configuration, and implementation of cyber defense capabilities, including web content filters, email security capabilities, Intrusion Detection System, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Host Based Security Systems, Security Incident and Event Management tools, Domain Name System security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux or UNIX command line, and access control lists. Join our team, as we improve our ability to execute critical missions across the globe through cybersecurity.
Join us. The world can't wait.
- 2+ years of experience with cybersecurity tools, including Trellix Endpoint Security Suite (ESS), McAfee HBSS, ePO, FireEye tools such as MVX, NX, HX, PX, IA, AX, or IAS PCAP, Palo Alto Firewalls, ForeScout, ACAS, or Splunk/Cribl
- Experience with Windows and Linux, including installing, configuring, or maintaining servers operating systems and applications
- Experience working with STIGs, SCAP, and cybersecurity best practices
- Active TS/SCI clearance; willingness to take a polygraph exam
- HS diploma or GED and 7+ years of experience conducting or supporting cyber engineering projects and activities, Associate's degree and 5+ years of experience conducting or supporting cyber engineering projects and activities, Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience conducting or supporting cyber engineering projects and activities, or Master's degree and 1+ years of experience conducting or supporting cyber engineering projects and activities
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II Certification, including Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, SSCP, CySA+, GICSP, or CND Certification
- DoD 8570.01-M Cyber Security Service Provider - Infrastructure Support Certification, including CEH, CySA+, GICSP, SSCP, CHFI, CFR, Cloud+, or CND Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Gigamon, Ansible, Encase, Fidelis, Suricata, Varonis, or VMWare tools
- Experience with Cloud Enterprise and authorizing cloud systems, and Cloud services, including AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with big data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or anomaly detection
- Experience with Zero-Trust Architecture
- Experience with DevSecOps, CI/CD, IaC and CaC, IT Infrastructure Library, and IT Service Management
- Experience scripting in PowerShell and BASH command line interfaces or in Python or Perl scripting languages
- Experience in a consulting or client-facing environment
- Ability to automate security configurations of Linux and Windows systems, and recommend and implement remediations for non-compliant security controls
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including using presentation expertise to convey complex ideas to client and internal staff
- Possession of excellent problem-solving skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us-that's why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen's culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you'll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we'll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life-at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we've compiled a list of resources so you'll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen's benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual's particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $73,100.00 to $166,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen's total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you'll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you'll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We're an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change - no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.Reston, VA
Get fresh Cyber Security Tools Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.