The Assistant Store Manager partners with the Store Manager to build, maintain, and institutionalize an environment that supports the Boot Barn mission, vision, and values. The Assistant Store Manager is a key member of the store leadership team and plays an important role in exceptional customer service, associate development/engagement, merchandising standards, store operations and attainment of store sales goals. The Assistant Store Manager will partner with the Store Manager and District Manager in pursuit of year-over-year increases and improved processes and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead store employees to foster a service and selling culture, exceed customer expectations and build consumer
- Observe associates and leadership team and provide consistent and timely performance coaching, actionable feedback, and recognition of excellence for service & selling performance and compliance & shrink initiatives which could impact the customer and/or store Lead by example, being present on the sales floor during peak business hours.
- Implement and maintain an environment of continuous learning and assist with associate/leader training
- Partner with the Store Manager to adapt to changing business needs and procedures; adjust store schedule as needed, implement operational directives, train operational staff on new policies and procedures, and communicate with all appropriate District, Region and SSC partners as
- Assess and communicate localized customers’ needs to Store
- Partner with the Store Manager to plan and execute successful volume driving events that involve outreach to the local community/market
- Lead and coach associates in building customer engagement through the Boot Barn Credit Card and B Rewarded Loyalty Provide accountability for achieving individual and team goals.
- Commit to the ongoing development of individual team members to meet various career goals within the
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations, signing and assortments to meet the needs of your customer along with adhering to all Company visual presentation
- Accountable for markdown compliance and Ensure product receipts are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Partner with Store Manager on inventory shrink plans and act as key driver of this strategy with
- Ensure operational elements positively impact the customer experience and fit within the framework of our service and selling Partner with the Store Manager to establish operational goals, recognize improvement, and continue to raise the bar.
- Lead the store team in executing processes designed to improve store performance results across both operational and merchandising
- Maintain personal knowledge in key classifications such as Western Boots, Work Boots, Denim, Hats and Add-Ons, and coach and train associates in these
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Demonstrates strong leadership and communication skill
- Well-developed business acumen including the ability to thoroughly understand all aspects of the business
- Associates Degree, and/or 2 to 4 years’ experience in retail store
- Experience managing direct reports and leading teams in a selling
- Availability to work a variety of shifts to meet the business needs including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Travel up to 15% of scheduled shifts
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Customer Focus
- Results Oriented
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing or walking for 75% of scheduled shifts
- Bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting occasionally throughout scheduled shifts
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to use a ladder and/or step stool occasionally
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees, customers and vendors
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
- Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance
- Noise levels are considered low
Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.
Qualifications: Preferred Reliable Transport Employment Type: FULL_TIME