Account Manager Support Specialist (health insurance industry)
Boost HR and Recruiting Salt Lake City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come and work with the top benefits brokerage in the state of Utah. If you have some health insurance knowledge (deductibles, co-pays, etc.) as well as good computer and multi-tasking skills you could be a great fit for this role! You will be supporting (working hand in hand) with one of our top Account Managers. Come be part of a great company with a great culture!
The Account Manager Support Specialist collaborates with Account Managers and Brokers in the service of employee benefits business. Responsible for establishing and maintaining a proactive service plan for clients, providing excellent customer service, ensuring departmental and client needs are met.
This position establishes strong relationships with internal peers and develops an understanding of all aspects of the client. Must handle complex client issues and make recommendations by utilizing client service, administration expertise and carrier resources.
Supports the Account Manager on activities required for a smooth transition and/or implementation of new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focuses on administrative support of Account Managers.
- Manages the delivery of services and the day-to-day client needs to retain accounts, to establish strong client relationships and achieve high levels of client satisfaction.
- Maintains files and updates Account Managers and Brokers regularly on issues log.
- Manages escalated participant issues working directly with the insurance carrier/TPA regarding systemic or process issues.
- May attend conferences, client meetings and meetings with other departments.
- Liaison with internal staff and operations. Documents and communicates program information to various departments and understands departmental differences.
- Maintains frequent contact with clients to assist with client needs and questions.
- May help prepare for client meetings with Brokers and/or Account Managers.
- Performs detailed review of all client contracts, summary plan descriptions, insurance certificates, employee communications, and SBCs.
- Coordinates and manages projects and interactions with clients to address client needs.
- Troubleshoots all medical, dental, vision, life, LTD claim and billing issues.
- Performs research and review of multiple resources as needed to respond to questions.
- Manages and supports other team members with client insurance needs, provides advice and quotes, maintains client files.
- Creates benefits communication materials for clients including presentations and benefit guides.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Keeps clients informed of legislative developments using internal and external resources
- Sound reasoning and judgment
- Proven use and understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to use Excel extensively in analysis and daily reporting of departmental goals.
- A state insurance license is recommended, not required.
- Technically savvy and proficient with ongoing improvements in enrollment processes.
- Able to keep data management system updated accurately and timely.
- Ability to consistently attend work, meetings and required training or staff events.
- Must work with respect, must get along with diverse personalities.
- Must meet or exceed team and overall company expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Insurance Benefits: 2 years (Required)
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Boost HR and RecruitingWhy Work Here?
Awesome, fast growing company who is a leader in their market space.
Helping companies find the best talent to reach their goals.
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
Finance and Insurance