To promote the Prairie Malt brand, as well as our global brand portfolio and those of our vendor partners to the craft brewing and distilling markets. Increase customer base, volume, and gross margin in both bulk and package sales. Leverage existing customer relationships to gain more business within these accounts and establish a greater presence within the market.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and ask questions in order to gain understanding of customer needs.
- Passionate to serve customers, with a street-smart mentality, capable for developing sustainable and profitable commercial relationships based on compelling value propositions.
- Ability to understand supply and demand and effect on pricing.
- Strong price and contract negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize activities to maximize sales volume and margins.
- Must be able to interface across multiple levels of the business in a positive and professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Professional experience in brewing or malting activities.
- Professional experience in business to business commercial activities. Including working under the scope a large number of customers of small/mid size.
- Two or more years experience in commercial sales roles or a technical role that was oriented to customer interaction/solutions activities.
- 30% Assure the execution of the Commercial Strategy for the Midwest, focus on achieving target volumes – margins and new customers goals.
- 15% Build Customer Development Plans using CRM and keep them updated as an important guide to conduct commercial interaction with the different customers.
- 15% Apply the Marketing tools to better understand customer´s behaviors and react in a way that contribute to maximize engagement, volumes and margins with the different accounts.
- 10% Develop and maintain good market knowledge-customers, prospects, and competition (via social media, industry events, customer visits.)
- 10% Work together with the Customer Solution Lead to seek for opportunities of new products & services that can leverage customer profitability based on a win-win approach.
- 5% Being responsible for the region. This also include working together with Finance Team to set the accurate credit limits and seek for opportunities regarding financial solutions.
- 5% Work with Inventory Planner to assist with inventory management and control in region and at same time assure delivery on time to the different customers.
- 5% Work with logistics manager on freight management for best cost/position. (Review annual regional volume needs. Collaborate with logistics on new business to identify best shipment locations.)
- 5% Coordinates any investigation of claims, disputes and credit opportunities
Why Work Here?BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group Axéréal) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year. Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world. By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
We offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities, and a very attractive salary