Senior Business Analyst
Boon Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Industry Leader in Benefit Solutions, Boon, is seeking a Senior Business Analyst Boon is an AssuredPartners subsidiary.
- Job Location: Currently work-from-home with tentative plans to return to the office. Boon is located at 6300 Bridgepoint Parkway Building 3, Suite 500 Austin, TX 78730
- Compensation: Flexible based on experience with a generous benefits offering
- Job Level: Senior Analyst - Non-management (no direct reports)
Boon Offers Excellent Benefits, Including:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k and match, generous PTO/vacation time (15 days starting), holiday pay (16 days per year), and more
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Our Culture We believe in community. We support one another, collaborate to be our very best and lift each other up. Our work environment is engaging, positive, and founded on trust and respect. We believe in exceptional customer service, and that begins with each one of us first.
Senior Business Analyst Role:
The role of the Senior Business Analyst (Financial Data Analyst) is to design strategies and produce measurable outcomes through the use of data and technology.
The Financial Data Analyst works on assignments of high complexity with limited supervision.
Senior Business Analyst Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform data extraction, integration, and analysis needed to support accounting, financial or operational reporting
- As an insurance TPA (wholesale provider), our day-to-day projects include reporting on premiums to our carrier partners, claims filed, check registers, etc. Very diverse project list that supports the entire office, including senior leadership (clear visibility to leaders).
- Build modules to automate Boon client accounting data into actionable insights
- Develop & maintain reports for internal & external clients
- Maintain & enhance existing reporting tools
- Identify and develop tools to automate processes
- Develop financial models to support the financial reporting team
- Contribute to the team goals by accomplishing related projects
- Support senior staff with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
The Right Person for the job has:
- Ability to perform data analysis, process workflow, and requirements gathering with no supervision
- Advanced Excel skill; Experience with MS Excels PowerPivot and Power Query. SQL experience preferred.
- Ability to gather project requirements from internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must condense and explain complex concepts.
- Ability to adapt to changing business and/or client needs
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Demonstrates proficiency in the utilization of data analytics tools.
- Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail
Senior Business Analyst Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in Business Administration; Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or Data Analysis preferred
- 4+ years' experience in a similar role
- Advanced Excel skills required: Experience with MS Excels PowerPivot and Power Query. Must know pivot tables, lookup functions, etc. SQL experience or relational database experience highly preferred.
As an industry innovator with 35+ years of experience, at Boon, we specialize in designing innovative fringe benefit solutions to meet the unique needs of government contractors. Our 3 Cs approach to benefits for government contractors, allow us to create products that are compliant, cost-effective, and, above all, competitive.
Boon supports independent agents, insurance brokers, and consultants to better serve your clients with government contracts. We act as a third-party administrator (TPA), wholesaler, and subject matter expert for thousands of insurance consultants who do business with us today. We take great value in nurturing and building this network to meet the needs of new prospects and continue to deliver to existing clients, as a cornerstone of our partnership philosophy.
BusinessView all jobs at Boon