(Remote) Staff Accountant - Client Team
Boon Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Industry Leader in Benefit Solutions, Boon, is seeking an Accountant to join our client servicing team Boon is an AssuredPartners subsidiary.
Competitive Salary based on experience
Job Location: 100% Remote in the U.S.
The Accountant will be responsible for general ledger accountability, financial analysis, financial reporting, and special reports, financial profitability analysis, other special projects as assigned on behalf of our client's accounting needs for their employee benefits services fulfilled by Boon. These assignments will be moderately complex. The position works closely with other accounting personnel, internal departments, and external parties. The Accountant works with limited supervision.
Accountant Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting specifically required
- 1 - 4 years of full-cycle accounting experience (hands-on internship experience qualifies)
- 1 - 4 years of previous financial statement experience (general ledger, balance sheet, income statements, etc.)
- Intermediate level in MS Excel required (must know pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and other common accounting formulas and functions)
- Experience with accounting software required (Sage 100 ERP preferred)
The Right Person for the job has:
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Attention to detail
- Data gathering and analysis
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Innovation Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Quality Orientation
Boon offers Excellent Benefits, including:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k and match, generous PTO/vacation time, holiday pay and
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- We Care: We're all about culture and creating a positive environment that cares
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Boon