Boomtown Casino Hotel Reno, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
It is the primary responsibility of the Banquet Coordinator to support the Sales Manager by working as the liaison for meeting planners, group clients, and guests associated with a group, in all aspects of Banquets, including all booking/housing processes and maintains all aspects of all channels of distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers all logistics required to execute events.
- Procures services of external vendors as needed to service client accounts.
- Drafts banquet orders that highlight negotiated terms and preliminary invoicing.
- Assists the Sales Manager with the contract process and ensuring contract is executed as agreed upon with the client.
- Directs set-up staff in the setup of the event room, which includes ensuring placement of all furniture and signage.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong Communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude, and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective listening abilities.
- Experience; Minimum of two years in the hospitality industry with an emphasis in Sales and/or Hotel Operations preferred.
- Valid drivers license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Able to stand, sit and walk for prolonged periods.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, bending.
- Work environment may include smoke and variable temperature, lighting and noise levels.
We offer a very competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and PTO, property outlet discounts, free concert tickets, lots of free fun activities for team members and their families, just to name a few.
Boomtown Casino Hotel
FoodView all jobs at Boomtown Casino Hotel