Software QA Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
As a QA Engineer with Boom Solutions, you will play a key role in the company’s product development process. You will be responsible for conducting tests prior to product launch and ensuring software is running smoothly while being cost-effective. You will monitor all stages of the software development lifecycle to identify and resolve program malfunctions and help gauge risk based on the severity and complexity of issues through quality cycles.
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create test plans to ensure good test coverage across product functionality
- Create and execute test scenarios to verify business requirements and identify issues.
- Analyze found issues and create steps to reproduce them.
- Document issues in the issue management system for the software development team
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Motivate the development lifecycle for efficiency and performance.
- Works together with the software developer to find solutions and enhance functionality where applicable
- Be a steward for the Software Development Life Cycle, helping to organize and manage issues and enhancements in appropriate release cycles and methodology gates.
- Must be proficient in planned, exploratory, boundary, and regression testing.
Required Education and Experience
- Extensive experience in software development and testing
- Significant experience with issue management systems, preferably Jira
- High proficiency in computer technology and programming languages
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in a software testing role
- Startup or agency experience preferred
AddressKansas City, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at Boomsolutions