- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE NEEDED IN AROUND CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN!
$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
The primary function of a Bonnie Plants Sales Representative is to provide Bonnie products to retail outlets. This is an "outside sales" position that requires the Sales Representative to call on and negotiate with customers and prospective customers personally, to deliver product to those customers, and to merchandise the product in the customer's place of business, on a continuous basis. A Sales Representative will spend the majority of his or her time in the field performing those functions.
- Calling on customers and potential customers for the purpose of filling displays, obtaining orders and the maintaining of Bonnie live products.
- Negotiating with customers and potential customers regarding sales, rack space, rack location, product quantity, product mix, and other terms and conditions of sale, as necessary. This process will continue throughout the season as products, product availability, demand, and other variables change.
- Preparing and setting up Bonnie racks to facilitate sales and removing and collecting the racks, as necessary.
- Safely loading and securing products onto delivery truck from designated Greenhouse Stations or off-loading locations.
- Delivering goods pursuant to sales obtained in a safe and timely manner.
- Unloading products from delivery truck, merchandising, and properly displaying product on Bonnie racks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensuring proper display of signage, banners, etc. to facilitate sales.
- Assisting in collecting payments for sales from customers, only as necessary.
- Safely transporting goods for sale and related equipment, including: (a) safely driving the delivery truck in accordance with all traffic laws; (b) ensuring that the truck is safely and properly loaded, and that goods and equipment are secure; (c) ensuring that the vehicle is always in safe operating order; (d) performing minor maintenance on the delivery truck to ensure safe operation.
- Ensuring compliance with all Department of Transportation rules and regulations as necessary, including: (a) timely, fully, and accurately completing the driver's daily log, (b) timely, fully, and accurately performing vehicle inspections and completing associated paperwork; (c) keeping other Department of Transportation or employer-required records.
- Supervising any Route Helpers and Driving Helpers in the performance of their duties.
- Attending Bonnie's annual sales meeting, and other sales meetings as required by corporate or station managers.
- It is the Sales Representative's responsibility to be safe, enthusiastic, presentable, and respectful to customers and your driver's helper/loader always. You should expect the same in return.
- Promptness and regular attendance are essential to performance of this job. Any absence at work puts a hardship on the company, absences must be minimal.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Experience with delivery routes and non-CDL box truck operation preferred.
- Drug test required.
- Background check required.
Licenses and/or Certificates: Valid driver’s license required, and a clean driving record preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; if absence is unavoidable, responsibility is to ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes work in a timely manner; uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service – Strives to meet commitments to customers.
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality; remains open to other's ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics.
- Organizations Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
SIGN ON BONUS DETAILS: $500 paid as “sign-on” (paid at second paycheck). $500 paid upon successfully completing route on July 31st.
Working Conditions: Both indoor and outdoor work environments. Frequently exposed too extreme cold and hot temperatures, wet or humid conditions and outdoor weather conditions.
Risk/Safety Conditions: Moving mechanical parts and machinery, airborne particles, high temperatures, hazardous materials, etc.
Essential Physical Activities: Walking, sitting, hearing, seeing up close, seeing far away, talking, standing, finger movement, repetitive motions, depth perception, regularly lift 50 pounds, occasionally lift 60+ pounds, climbing, crawling, stooping, crouching, and wearing a PPE.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Bonnie Plants LLC
455 West 600 SouthCrawfordsville, IN
BusinessView all jobs at Bonnie Plants LLC
Get fresh Sign Salesman jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.