Senior Tax Accountant - lots of benefits, hybrid work week
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Forward thinking CPA firm seeks an experienced Senior Tax Accountant to join their team. To be qualified, you need to have at least 4 years’ experience with individual and corporate tax preparation, full cycle bookkeeping on the cash and accrual basis, expert knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop and Online, Payroll, Word, Excel, Outlook and other accounting software. CPA firm experience is required.
The position is a hybrid position with a mix of working in the office and at home. The work week in the summer is 4 days a week!
The salary is $90K to $100K plus a generous bonus.
You also need to have a take charge attitude and be an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) and extremely detailed oriented. Finally, you need to have a passion for accounting and helping entrepreneurs succeed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review tax returns for Individuals (1040), S-corp (1120S) & C-corp (1120), Partnerships (1065), and Not-for-Profits (990)
- Prepare and review Amended individual tax returns (1040X)
- Conduct Tax Planning and Projections with individual and businesses
- Handle routine client questions, and work with clients to obtain necessary information for financials and tax return completion
- Respond to IRS notices independently
- Conduct tax research for unusual situations
- Assist with training of junior accountants with software & support in tax issues, including QuickBooks and Payroll software
- Ability to manage staff, business organizations and processes
- Make journal entries for month and year-end financial closings including reconciliations, prepaids and accruals.
- Perform complex financial analysis, and communicate to clients on them
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- At least 4 years’ current tax preparation & accounting experience of Private Companies, High Net-Worth Individuals & Not-for-Profit entities in a CPA firm
- Experience in with some or all these industries: nonprofits, government contractors, professional services, and tech companies
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Payroll Functions and Excel (Experience with Proseries, Checkpoint, XCM, Unanet, Deltek and OnPoint PCR a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Great communicator, detail oriented, take-charge personality
The firm is an innovative, entrepreneurial minded accounting firm. They have a laid back, progressive work environment, the our firm is dedicated to helping business owners succeed. Compensation will be based on experience. The CPA firm has a strong teleworking program, 401k, health, dental, vision, long term disability, short term disability, life insurance, on-premises gym and education reimbursement benefits.
Our commitment to you is that we will work very hard to find you the right match. Our hope is that you will be very happy that you have chosen to work with us and that you feel we have done a good job for you. Please browse our web site, www.bonniejones.com and contact us so that we can make a happy match for you!
Bonnie Jones Associates, LLC
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accountant Tax jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.