Legal Practice Assistant - Litigation
Forward thinking, multi-office law firm is actively seeking a legal practice assistant to support litigation attorneys, including the Office Managing Partner in their Tysons Corner office. Duties will include:
- Preparation of word processing work including, but not limited to, briefs, pleadings, appeals, discovery requests, summonses, and praecipes.
- Proofreading of all work, including reading documents for content and context.
- Handling court filings at all levels including electronic filings.
- Maintaining case files and pleadings indexes.
- Maintaining calendars of critical case deadlines.
- Scheduling meetings and conference rooms. Coordinating meals/refreshments for meetings. Scheduling outside vendor services, such as court reporters and expert witnesses.
- Researching and keeping apprised of requirements for different (relevant) courts and agencies.
- Assisting attorneys with routing client bills for processing.
- Making travel arrangements, including transportation, automobile rentals and hotel reservations.
- Answering and screening routine telephone calls per attorney instructions. Providing backup telephone coverage as needed.
- File management of correspondence and legal documents; coordinating with records management.
- Performing other duties required based upon the practice of attorneys, such as, but not limited to, administrative work, practice development initiatives, and committee projects and responsibilities.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
Strong technical skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Minimum of three to four years related experience in a mid or large sized law firm.
Great benefits and a gorgeous new office to work at. The office administrator is lovely to work with. Apply now as this role won't last long. Metro accessible.