- Posted: over a month ago
Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
THE BONNEVILLE EXPERIENCE:
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
- Continuous growth and development training
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays
- Extraordinary benefits such as 401k with matching, with no waiting period
- High value health care plans at low prices (Medical, Dental, Disability, FSA, Vision)
- We are focused on contributing to the communities we work in. We encourage our employees through initiatives such as matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising and paid volunteer hours
Bonneville Denver (KYGO, KOSI, The Fan) is looking for a Chief Engineer to manage engineering and local IT functions for Bonneville Denver, including studio and transmitter/remote locations. This position will make a full contribution to the success of the department and the stations by being an effective team leader and by ensuring stations stays on the air, and that the department’s human assets and all studio and transmitter technical equipment function at optimum capability in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations, BIC and station Policies and Procedures.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Participate with management team in strategic planning for radio stations.
- Ensure the electronic operating systems of the radio stations are properly maintained and that the equipment meets or exceeds FCC performance standards.
- Perform equipment repair and maintenance as required.
- Manage and participate in the design, construction, and purchase of equipment for projects being assembled by all departments.
- Schedule engineering personnel to meet the needs of the radio stations.
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of FCC rules and regulations and that radio stations operate within those regulations.
- Prepare recommendations for the stations annual capital budgets and prepare Engineering department budget. Review same with SVP/Market Manager. Operate within approved budget. Oversee capital budgets.
- Advise other department heads in the need and use of electronic equipment.
- Be responsible for the technical success of all remote broadcasts, including ordering lines and assigning and checking equipment.
- Coordinate with BIC Vice President of Engineering to maintain entire system in a competitive and upgraded condition.
- Maintain a valid FCC license for the stations.
- Keep abreast of changes in the state of the art in broadcast technology and equipment.
- Minimum of a two-year technical degree.
- A minimum of 5 years Radio Broadcast Engineering experience.
- Proficient with FM transmitters including HD
- EAS, as well as IT based systems including:
Studio audio distribution
And remote broadcast equipment
- Strong wiring, design, and documentation skills.
- FCC/SBE/computer license/certification (A Plus), ability to do component level repair and RF experience/knowledge.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a proven ability to safely drive company vehicles without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
- A focus on complete customer satisfaction. Strives for continuous quality and productivity improvement.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Hiring Salary Range is $85,000 - $120,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant).
As a media company, we are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients that we serve. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities, and we believe that empowering all our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
EngineeringView all jobs at Bonneville Denver