Status: Two Positions: #150 / #152 - Full-time; 72 hours per pay period
POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse (RN) renders professional care to patients within the Emergency department in addition to other patient care units of the Hospital as needed, in support of medical care as directed by the Nurse Manager and pursuant to the guidelines of the Registered Nurse Practice Act and the policies and procedures of the Hospital.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation
- Demonstrates knowledge, technical skills and compliance with Hospital policy and procedure in provision of patient's needs, treatments and health education
- Responsible for performing within the rules and regulations of the Idaho State Board of Nursing
- Accomplishes documentation of patient care within the guidelines of policy and procedure with the goal of maintaining quality care
- Provides safe and comprehensive nursing care according to state regulations, Hospital policy and procedure and The DNV standards
- Establish care priorities based on patient problems; communicate with staff and new employees of patient problems/concerns/changes in condition. Notify physician promptly regarding concerns
- Maintains mental and physical health, sufficient to meet the demand of the Emergency Department (ED)
- Triages and performs initial examinations for emergency medical conditions for patients entering the ED and determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow
- Initiates accurate and on-going assessment of physical and psychological problems of patients
- Additional Essential Functions as outlined in the Job Description for the ED and ICU Departments.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one (1) year RN experience required. Recent Emergency/Critical Care nursing experience preferred
LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current Idaho State RN license; Current BLS certification, ACLS, TNCC, ENPC/PALS and NRP required; CEN and/or EPNC recommended
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical demands of position are listed in job description
SUPERVISED BY: Nurse Manager – Emergency Dept.
Bonner General Health