Status: Full-time, Exempt
The CFO manages, coordinates and analyzes the operational and financial aspects of the organization. The CFO ensures efficient services are designed to meet the needs of patients, physicians, public, and staff. Works with management team and medical leadership of the hospital, serving as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, and achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives.
- Responsible directly, or through their direct reports, for Accounting and Finance, Patient Financial Services, Information Systems, and Materials Management.
- Directly participates in key initiatives and strategies to continually improve the quality and level of services provided.
- Responsible for overall fiscal management for the organization.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking in planning for the organizations short term and long term financial future.
- Works closely with the department managers to suggest and implement cost savings strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring systems of internal controls are in place to safeguard the organization’s assets.
- Oversees administration and financial reporting of the organization’s 403(b) plan.
- Oversees the coordination and activities of independent auditors and the preparation of the annual financial statements, Form 990 tax filings and other regulatory reporting.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and identify business opportunities.
- Develops, interprets, coordinates and analyzes the hospital’s policies on finance, accounting, insurance, patient billing and internal controls.
- By way of an ongoing intimate knowledge of financial activity of the hospital; reviews, interprets, analyzes and communicates financial reports and data to administration and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Responsible to develop a formal budget and supervises budgeting process, providing a standard of measurement so the hospital and departmental performance can be evaluated. Evaluates and recommends changes to the administration for rates/charges and the structure as appropriate.
- Reviews financial impact of hospital contracts.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Consults with and advises the CEO on issues relating to the day-to-day operations including patient satisfaction, patient safety, compliance, with regulatory agencies and financial goals.
- Responsible for the measurement and assuring the effectiveness of internal and external systems and processes.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the organization.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth and new program strategies.
- Directly participates and is responsible for analyzing the cost impact of personnel policies and programs such as employee benefit additions or changes, general salary increases, etc.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and provide advice on the strategic and financial implications of business activities.
- Directs and supervises all departmental staff through respective managers and supervisors.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding knowledge of all patient information (HIPAA), confidential staff information and hospital business
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships with all staff members.
- Excellent communication, listening, leadership and management skills are essential
- Strong organizational skills to effectively deal with multiple tasks
- Must be able to effectively work closely with staff, and peers, Board of Directors, and Physicians
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Healthcare or Business Administration preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Five years management experience in Accounting/Audit area
- Documented evidence of record - team builder/team player