Vice President, Farm Operations
Bonipak Santa Maria, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Job Title: Vice President, Operations
Location: Santa Maria, CA,
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Strawberry Production Supervisor
Berry Labor Supervisor
Specialty Berry Manager
Harvest Manager, Brassicas
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Work directly with senior management to build interdepartmental rapport
· Develop effective tracking methods to evaluate performance
o Yields, quality, costs, etc.
· Report to board (periodically)
o Recommend direction and provide detail on status
· Develop supervisory levels to accommodate growth and promotion
o Encourage accountability
o Recognize successes
· Develop a plan for a scalable structure to allow for effective growth
· Establish annual budgets
· Responsible for Betteravia’s overall berry planning, preparation, production, harvesting and profitability
· Recommend berry growth plan and prepare company accordingly
· Work with Driscoll’s to develop an effective and profitable growth plan
o Specialty berries
· Develop an effective seasonal plan for each of our berry categories
· Oversee and lead negotiations for berry production/labor needs
§ Bed preparation
· Oversee harvesting related functions for the Brassicas business
· Negotiate annual agreements with contacted harvesters
· Establish estimate protocols and tracking methodologies
· Create optimal working structure with Santa Maria Harvesting
o Quality assurance
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bilingual: English and Spanish
· Extensive experience and a proven track record with Berry Production and Harvesting, 5 years +.
· Two to Five Years Minimum in a Management Related Position.
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to organize multiple priorities and projects to achieve expected business results.
· Ability to lead and manage people.
· Valid CA Driver’s License with clean driving record.
· Unrestricted work ability in the U.S.
· Self-starter; ability to work independently as well as with team members and management.
· Detail oriented, with effective verbal, writing and presentation skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business or related field or equivalent work experience
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· 401K and Profit Sharing Plan
· Company Vehicle, Computer, Cell Phone
· Competitive Compensation
BonipakWhy Work Here?
Been in business since 1932, Growing Essential Business with career growth opportunities.
A Production Company owned by a large Grower-Shipper located in Santa Maria California
1850 W. Stowell Road Santa MariaSanta Maria, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Bonipak