- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Bonita Packing Company
Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Headquarters: Santa Maria, Ca
Reports To: Controller
Accounting Specialist includes: interfaces with sales, shipping and the cooler to ensure that customers are invoiced accurately, various adjustments are made promptly and cash receipts applied daily. A strong candidate will have a focused attention to detail, possess effective communication skills, good attitude, strong work ethic, organizational skills, and ability to work as a team with the ability to lead is a must.
· Accounts Receivable
o Apply cash receipts in ERP on a daily basis
o Daily invoicing in ERP and various customer portals
o Credit Adjustments
o Chargebacks and freight reconciles
· Project oriented
· Excel skills
o Pivot Tables
o Lookup and if statements
· Strong organizational and time management skills
o Meeting deadlines
· Strong communication skills
o Work effectively with different department Managers/Supervisors
· Other Duties as Assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong Written and Verbal Communication
· Strong Excel Skills a must
· Ethical Practice
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelors Degree in related field
Competency: (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Problem Solving - Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goal and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Ability to work well with all team members.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity.
- Support Company Vision - Follows policies and procedures; Supports company's goals and values. Leads by example.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security –Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials proper. Keeps work area clean and organized.
The essential physical requirements for this position are:
· Employee must have the ability to walk, talk, hear, see, speak, concentrate, reach in all directions, stoop, bend.
· Use a computer, telephone and other equipment needed for the position
· Possess the ability to reason and communicate clearly with or without reasonable accommodation.
BonipakWhy Work Here?
Been in business since 1932, Growing Essential Business with career growth opportunities, competitive compensation
A Vegetable and Berry Agriculture Production Company owned by a Midsize Grower-Shipper located in Santa Maria California
1850 W Stowell RoadSanta Maria, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Bonipak