Personal Injury Law Firm in Harlingen, Texas seeks a full-time experienced Bi-Lingual English/Spanish Personal Injury Marketing & Legal Secretary/Assistant to join our firm! You will provide overall support to attorneys' business needs and work to develop new business partnerships with medical providers. This is a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is a must.
Assist with handling of property damage claims, translate in Spanish when needed, handle incoming mail, emails and faxes; handle incoming calls and caller’s inquiries, request medical records and etc.
Will aid in case development of cases by maintaining contact with clients and keeping them informed of any case progress.
- Highly creative and capable of implementing a number of marketing initiatives
- Analyzing and summarizing MRI findings
- Correspondence and Letter Drafting
- Gathers medical reports and bills Communicates with insurance companies
- Collect documentation
- Schedule calls and meet with new clients
- Handling the pre-litigation stage, specifically
- Filing claims and setting up new claims
- Reviews reports by witnesses or police
- Makes appointments for medical examinations negotiates liens
- Perform other supporting tasks for our personal injury attorneys
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Conduct research to support legal proceedings
- Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents
- Investigate facts to help in the negotiation of legal disputes
- Record and store client information
- Personal injury case management and New Client Intake
- Previous experience as a paralegal or other legal field
- Open and initiate new files
- Familiar with processing the steps during the Pre-litigation stage
- Familiarity with legal research
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Motivated Self Starter with Community contact knowledge.
- Good verbal and Written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal injury secretary/assistant: 3+ years of experience
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)Language: Spanish (Required)
While we handle a wide range of cases, personal injury cases are by far the most numerous. From auto accidents and 18-wheeler cases to wrongful death cases, the firm will see that medical treatment is received if needed and the client's needs are met. Immigration and Social Security cases also represent a significant number of our cases. For the past fifteen years, the firm has provided legal services to entities in the maritime industries.