If you are a management or culinary professional who is looking to take on a fun and rewarding new challenge, join our team at Bonefish Grill!
Are you a culinary professional with a passion for food who is looking to take on a fun and rewarding new challenge? Enjoy working in a scratch kitchen?
We are seeking a Restaurant Manager to assist the Managing Partner in leading the overall operations of your assigned restaurant. You will handle everything from managing staff and financials to ensuring a world-class dining experience for our customers and will infuse your restaurant with your enthusiasm and love of good food.
Our commitment to your continued professional development makes this a great opportunity for you to build a career with us. If you want more out of your career, you’ve come to the right place.
As a member of the 3-4 member store management team, the Manager, with limited supervision, is responsible for the daily operations of the entire restaurant, including restaurant appearance and presentation, customer experience, professional leadership and direction to all employees.
- Ensures that the operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion by providing direction and guidance to employees.
- Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the entire food and drink menu and its preparation.
- Maintains current and accurate documentation as defined by company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for achieving targeted financial results (employee scheduling, liquor orders, etc).
- Enforces safety and sanitary practices and maintenance for the entire restaurant.
- Ensures all health inspections meet required state standards.
- 2+ years of prior restaurant management experience.
- Experience in serving and managing beer, wine and liquor.
- Awareness of state and local liquor laws.
- Some college level course work or degree a plus.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken.
- Must possess ability to interact with all levels, work independently, and ability to see projects through implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be extremely flexible and have the ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- Must exhibit the highest level of professionalism in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be is self-motivated, results driven, able to handle multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment, flexible, willingness to understand the business, and possesses proven organizational and critical thinking skills.
Kitchen Manager (Culinary Manager)
We are seeking a Kitchen Manager (Culinary Manager) to oversee daily restaurant operations related to our food preparation area. From managing kitchen staff and inventory to ensuring that our guests are served exceptional meals every time, your leadership skills and commitment to first-rate cooking will be the key to the continued success of Bonefish's quickly growing and popular brand.
As a Restaurant Kitchen Manager, you will be responsible for the daily operations of all back-of-the-house functions for your assigned restaurant and for providing nothing but the finest food for our customers. This will include leadership of all kitchen employees as well as ensuring that all recipes, food preparations and presentations meet Bonefish's specifications and commitment to quality.
Your specific duties as a Restaurant Kitchen Manager will include:
• Directing and checking the progress of the prep staff and checking for food quality and consistency
• Assisting in the hiring and training of back-of-the-house employees
• Checking all kitchen equipment and setting it up for daily use
• Enforcing safety and sanitary practices, maintenance and regulatory compliance for the kitchen area
• Ensuring that operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion: includes line checks, testing, training, recipe adherence, window management, cook times, etc.
• Ensuring that all menu items are made according to recipe and presented in the Bonefish Grill manner
• Supervising the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste
• Managing staffing levels and shift assignments
• Keeping kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized
• Checking and balancing product inventory from previous day of business as well as placing food and supply orders
• Setting excellent customer service and work examples
As a Restaurant Kitchen Manager, you must be dependable, self-reliant and passionate about good food and exceptional customer service. It is vital that you combine strong organizational and prioritization skills with professional dedication and a team-oriented attitude.
Specific qualifications for the Culinary Manager position include:
• 3 Years of previous Culinary Management (Kitchen Management) experience
• Solid knowledge of food and food measurements
• Strong/Stable work history
• Availability to work a flexible schedule
• Legal authorization to work in the United States
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Certification in food safety and sanitation, preferred
• Willingness to relocate within the assigned region, preferred
• Bilingual, plus
As a Manager with Bonefish Grill, you will be part of a quickly growing and successful company with one of the most popular brand names in casual dining. Our company culture is geared toward customer service, innovation and fun, and you will find plenty of support from all levels of the organization. We offer comprehensive training as well as plenty of opportunities for professional development and advancement toward roles of greater responsibility. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package, including benefits.
Here’s some of what we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage
• Prescription card
• Life insurance
• Short- and long-disability
• Meal discount
• Adoption assistance
• Flexible spending
• Employee assistance program
Bloomin’ Brands Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.